PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Astonishing to see New Yorkers gathering together to watch as USNS Comfort berths. I suspect these will be the first patients!

View attachment 24637

Regards,

Jay.
You are looking at the reason for the current shutdown. People can't be counted on to consistently act in a rational manner or remember even basic safety practices. Many people have a very limited ability to make connections. They will kill thousands and/or themselves with no awareness of having done so.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Astonishing to see New Yorkers gathering together to watch as USNS Comfort berths. I suspect these will be the first patients!

Don't know about the NYC Hospital ship, but the LA one will serve only those who aren't infected.

Now, if anyone has Apple Maps, please check out this address:
700 W 51st St, NY. NY.

There's a large ship berthed where Comfort is now. But it's quite obscured, even though it looks more like a cruise ship than a Navy vessel. Anyone have an idea why or how it's so obscured?

Google maps are of a different time, different ship. No obscuring there.

Inquiring minds, and all.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
We started moderate social distancing weeks ago. Now, I personally am behind the masses most likely.

I do a little work at property I do not live at every day, and we were shopping once a week. The shopping is necessary, of course, and my logic on my work was that I was exposed to only one other person. As we see what a cluster*ck this is really going to be, we are preparing to really hunker down for a few weeks. I'm giving myself this week to finish up at my property and get some staples. I stop at Aldi's on my way every morning and only get canned and dry foods. Am also hoping to get a bit more toilet paper.

There is *no* toilet paper anywhere. I believe you could trade it for sex like a chocolate bar during WW2.

Thankfully, we got a moderate amount last week or two. We will have to conserve.

One big shopping day over the weekend and Monday will likely start the hermitage. Hopefully not too late.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Mar 1, 2014
I would reserve the prison time and execution for hoarding scalpers of hand sanitizers and medicinal alcohols.

Apparently all the Canadian breweries are switching to produce hand sanitizer, I assume (hope) American companies are doing the same.
Between that and the ethanol normally mixed into gasoline there should be a practically infinite amount of alcohol to go around for sanitation. I'd bet the main bottleneck is just basic packaging and logistics.

This is another example of a practice that should have become the norm from the moment hand sanitizer was invented. The best we can all hope for is that public spaces become covered in the stuff all the time and the consumption of hand sanitizer stays at this level forever.

I would LOVE to see automatic "Sanitizer" systems become the norm in vehicles, keeping oddly shaped pump bottles in the door is annoying.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone ever seen one of those charts showing the molecular biology of a living being? The work involved for mammals (just for one example) to ingest, process, utilize, cull, and discard waste products is so astonishingly complex that if you visualize the work involved, it seems like all the work any of us could ever do. So the elimination process, considered a great indignity of life, is really the completion of a long series of intricate jobs. If you think about it, you'd barely do anything else for a days work. So here's to the end of scarcity of toilet paper, the final deed in the incredible quantum of processes of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.