PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Old man winter is back again! They have declared state of emergency in my state. 15 inches as of 7am and still going.
HQeQibbl.jpg

xKBuOaJl.jpg

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I think we may be passing on this one in MA... Just getting some dusting this week.
At this point I hope we break the record.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
In the Seattle area it's another day of 50 degrees and sunshine. We had no ski season and the pollen is starting. It isn't fair that you've all been hit so hard.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Three inches of snow in East Texas overnight. Yeah, I know it doesn't compare to fifteen. Leave me alone, I get to be part of the club for a day.....it'll be gone by this evening.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Another day with a high in the low 60s and nothing but sunshine and blue skies here in Las Vegas. We've gotten so much rain lately I actually had to cut the grass last week.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Photos from Boston showing eight feet of snow on roofs and snow shoulder high blocking front doors. Amazing. How do they survive. We're not even in the snow belt and we've had weeks of playing tag with snow and ice. Monday I was still scraping inch and a half sheets of ice off my driveway, to be sure I could get the car up the driveway, since my wife is not mobile and couldn't get out of the car and up the hill through the snow and ice. Another round of freezing rain tonight. Happy days in the sun belt. The driveway's a steep hill and in the shade, and the last to melt in our neighborhood.

Temperatures went from a chilly 75F yesterday afternoon to 30F in just two hours. We are getting a dusting now, which has killed traffic (and business) for our area. The stuff just turns the roads to glass quickly down here. Hopefully I will be able to get the yard mowed again in the next few days, and my fruit trees wont produce crap this year :0(

I had to drive around to six places before I could find a scraper for my windshield. I hate it when frost keeps me from getting out of my driveway, ha ha. Things my Yank friends don't think about when we Southerners get a little snow...
http://youtu.be/W1WKkNHlcvg

http://youtu.be/W1WKkNHlcvg

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
It's time to pull up the tent-stakes and move from the Greater Boston Area to a nice warm place like Alaska; this cold and snowy weather is killing me... 8O

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
cosmicfolklore- pro tip- use a credit card. Or gas/grocery card, whatever.

danielplainview- nice dog! Looks like a good powder day!

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
Having a cold beer after my drive home from Pittsburgh, PA to Central MD today. What usually only takes three hours took me almost eight. Brutal road conditions.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I had to transport a baby from one hospital to another in the middle of the storm. That wasn't fun. That being said, it was the first ever active cooling transport in NYC, or so the doc said. So I was not relaxing. I did have a big bowl of Mississippi River in my MM freehand when I got home. A great way end a crazy day.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I had a baby to be transported to another hospital in the middle of the night. The receiving hospital said the roads were too bad so could it wait until the morning. So I was the baby sitter over night and waiting to go home when she finally leaves.

Minfarshaw: I doubt that was the first total body cooling baby in NYC but maybe for that hospital. It has been around for quite awhile.

I'm looking forward to Longbottom Leaf in a L'Anatra when I get home!

Status
Not open for further replies.