PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
There are a couple of thoughts on the flower stamps. Clearly they were meant to cancel the make and model, which looks very much like Charatan Underboar underneath the cancellation stamps. They were applied for rejects, and to factory gifts. There's also some speculation that Dunhill used them on old stock they got when they purchased Charatan.

Cool purchase, nonetheless.

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
There are a couple of thoughts on the flower stamps. Clearly they were meant to cancel the make and model, which looks very much like Charatan Underboar underneath the cancellation stamps. They were applied for rejects, and to factory gifts. There's also some speculation that Dunhill used them on old stock they got when they purchased Charatan.

Cool purchase, nonetheless.
It definitely says Charatan Underboar under it all. And it’s very clean and precise drilling, so I don’t think it was an initial reject, and I don’t see any signs of damage to consider it a return defect. I will go with the gift option or the Dunhill one. Lol.

Reactions: sablebrush52

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
It definitely says Charatan Underboar under it all. And it’s very clean and precise drilling, so I don’t think it was an initial reject, and I don’t see any signs of damage to consider it a return defect. I will go with the gift option or the Dunhill one. Lol.
Your damage and carvers damage are twelve different levels of damage.

Reactions: bayareabriar