PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
I like to burn up all the leaf I pack. When there's a hand free I'll sort of cover the chamber to help finish off the pipe, when driving I'll just drop a slim tamper in the chamber for the last few puffs. Anyone else do stuff like this?

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
I do. Usually when I can't free a hand to cover the bowl. Seems to get that last little bit of leaf all nice and toasty.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, sometimes, maybe often. But I try to not make smoking to the bottom* a must, so today I actually knocked out two pipes that had almost a half inch of smokeable stuff in the heel!
* I try to not make anything about smoking a must for me, except for getting the moisture right for the way I like.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I use the "apply the choke with two fingers over the bowl" method, but I have never put anything into the bowl like that.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Smoking to the absolute bottom has diminishing returns. The smoke is hot and one must be patient with the added relights. I try to be diligent about smoking all the tobacco but stop when either of these two conditions prevail. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.