PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
I'd add that SP has credited/re-shipped the very few times items have gone 'missing'. Most larger retailers will usually help credit/replace a similar situation; if it turns habitual they may understandably put the onus back on the customer. Anything valuable/expensive in total it's good to bite the bullet on proof of delivery/insurance for all parties. Nothing is fool-proof....I had a temporary mail-carrier sign my name/steal a package earlier this summer on a signature required delivery! Boggles the mind how they thought that ingenuously planned crime was going to play out...

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
They've dropped the ball a bit on estate clean ups but I've not had nor heard of any delivery issues. Sounds like a carrier error.

I just sent back two estate pipes because they did not match the descriptions. Both seem to have chamber carbonization/cracks in the briar, which was not stated in the descriptions. Fortunately, the customer service representative was really cool.

I'm curious about your observations regarding estate cleanups. When did you start noticing the slippage? What issues have you seen?

See my response to Chasingembers right above, but I am also wondering what he has experienced.

boston

Jun 27, 2018
Boston
SP has been very reliable for me. I recently got some cigars delivered, and the packaging was excellent...very carefully done with special padded cigar bags. I'd been concerned as I generally only purchase by the box and I worry about getting hand-picked singles that might not be up to snuff (condition wise) with what I would normally pick myself. At $10 a cigar, that matters. All cigars they sent me were perfect.

However, two cigars were not the size I ordered. I contacted them, and they told me to keep the two cigars, and shipped two new ones in the correct size.

Can't complain. Customer for almost 20 years.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This is really an amazing thread. Sad to see people blaming SP for something they didn't do. And then asking them to refund their money or send it again. I've been lucky to have never had a lost package in 50 years of doing mail order.

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Are you located in the US or in another country? If outside of the US there is probably not much SP can do considering packages have to go through customs, handed off to different carriers, etc.

Check with your local postal carrier.
Never had a problem with an SP delivery but I have a few packages go astray and although your comment sounds logical usually the local mail system (certainly true of Royal Mail, AusPost and Correios do Brasil) will say all queries must be raised by the sender through the originating postal service. Apparently it's part of the agreed international protocols for post services.

That said; Correios do Brasil does allow the receiver to enter a query online and will respond (and sort it out if the problem is with them) but the emails are always addressed to the sender (at the receivers email address!). AusPost would attempt to track things down but ultimately would come back with you need to ask the sender to raise a 'lost delivery' (or something similar) query with the originating postal system. (In my experience Royal Mail were usually the most unhelpful.)

Oct 22, 2019
Greetings everyone,
It's been a while since I've logged on back here as I took a break from pipe-smoking.

Recently I placed an order on smokingpipes.com for some tobacco, and the order seems to have got lost during shipping.
It claims that it was delivered at my address but it has not, when I wrote to smokingpipes support concerning this they simply claimed that the order is not their responsibility once they ship it.

When I asked for proof of delivery they simply sent me order details, and claimed that they kind of parcel they sent does not require any sort of signature from the receiving party.
So at the moment my parcel seems to be in the hands of an unknown person at an unknown address.
Any further inquiries were brushed off with a significant indifference towards my issue.

Is this something new that's been going on? I remember smokingpipes for being one the better retailers yet I have not been disregarded like this, even by less-reputed stores.

I'm sorry for my delayed response here! I see that somebody tagged me, but I was logged out(though I didn't realize it) so I didn't see the notification. I'm one of the Customer Service Supervisors here at Smokingpipes. I'm sorry for the lack of concern that you received from us concerning your lost package. Did we resolve this for you? If not, please email me directly at cassie.davison@smokingpipes.com with your order information and I'll look into this for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.