PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
I've been absent here for a while, but recently got bit by the TAD bug yet again. I usually use 4noggins (which I have not a single complaint about) but decided to try smokingpipes.com as they have Bagpipers Dream in-stock, the tobacco I've been trying to get a hold of for a while. I place my order with a few different kind of tobacco's, check UPS and it says my order should be here this morning. I was so excited! The door bell rang and I got my package...
IMG-20110930-00203.jpg

Huh, kind of odd. Looks like something was dropped on it. I cut the tape and start to dig into my box...
IMG-20110930-00199.jpg

:x
Leave it to UPS to do that. I immediately took pictures and sent an e-mail to smokingpipes to see about replacing it and whether or not I should contact UPS. Withing 5 minutes of sending my e-mail, I get a reply: "...we apologize for what happened. Don't worry about contacting UPS we'll send you a new tin free of charge and process the claim on our end". Awesome! So I go to reply back with my shipping info and...another e-mail? My order has been processed? No way! another 5 mintues and an e-mail that my order has been shipped. In less than 15 minutes of me sending an e-mail to them, they had a new tin processed and ready to go. Now that's customer service.
Smokingpipes, you get a gold star in my book.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Makes ya proud to be a pipe smoker, service like that.

What's better still is that the majority of vendors will go to similar lengths to keep us smokers happy.

15 minutes start to finish though is pretty extraordinary for sure!

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
I ended up with a package like that from pipesandcigars... I never contacted them because I dont think that the seals on the effected tins were compromised... though now I'm going to re-check...

I should have! possible free baccy :twisted:

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
Mine was damaged enough that the corners of where it was bent actually gave way and opened. I guess I'll have to suffer with Peterson Special Reserve 2011, Sillem's Black, and C&D Autumn evening. This will be painful :wink:

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
If it was me, I would mason jar that baccy still, at most, it's been open maybe a week? But hey, I'm just that frugal.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I have to agree I wouldn't toss it out. I love smokingpipes.com, I have always had great service. With all this TAD talk I am starting to feel a TAD fever. Now to find the money in the couch cushions.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I normally order from pipes&cigars.com, but recently purchased a pipe and a couple of racks from smokingpipes.com and it was a great transaction. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.