PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
It's a courtesy you richly deserve! My thanks goes out to you too for your service.

This is a real benefit when something you haven't tried goes on sale because you can just order one tin and get the free shipping.
I still don't know how to respond when someone thanks me for my service, I feel like saying than you to someone thanking me is weird, but thank you.

I know I ordered Bob's Chocolate flake andcgot the limit I was allowed to purchase when it was in stock and I just put 5 tins of Peterson IrishFlake in this order, which also has a limit

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Way to go Smoking Pipes! I have not served in the military but respect those that do and see it as a privilege and honor. Even if they don’t see it that way, they are honored in my book.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I know I just feel weird I'm sorry if it sounded rude
I don't think anyone sounded rude, but you better get used to getting thanked cause it's probably going to happen a bunch. If I had to guess most people don't like putting themselves in situations that might involve getting shot at and are happy that someone else has that job. Either way you'll feel better once you get used to it. Oh by the way I have the same issue with feeling weird when people thank me or compliment me and once I learned to accept it and that it isn't weird, the whole thing has felt a lot better.

Reactions: kurtbob and adui

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SP has a really good sense of its customer base and what makes them return customers. This is one more excellent example. One time, they brought a nice Luciano pipe to a show for me on speculation, and I loved it and bought it, and saved shipping. I couldn't get the same new pipe for twice the price today. SP is right there at the front of the pack among retailers. "Thank you for your service," is a courtesy. Some of us have the luxury of saying, "I was in the military too." Or mentioning that your dad or uncle were in the military, to make it more personal is good. You don't want it to sound like a bromide, like you're passing it off.

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
I shop SP first, and they get most of my $. Happy...
As an Army Vet, thank you for YOUR service thebigragu!
It’s a very small but proud fraternity (and sorority).

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Whenever I thank someone for their service, I hardly get a response. Not in a rude way, but they never seem to want to acknowledge it. Said it to a navy vet that works at my gas station today, and he quickly changed the subject. Lol

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Whenever I thank someone for their service, I hardly get a response. Not in a rude way, but they never seem to want to acknowledge it. Said it to a navy vet that works at my gas station today, and he quickly changed the subject. Lol
most vets who served in war or conflict don't like to talk about it or remember what they saw

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I don't think anyone sounded rude, but you better get used to getting thanked cause it's probably going to happen a bunch. If I had to guess most people don't like putting themselves in situations that might involve getting shot at and are happy that someone else has that job. Either way you'll feel better once you get used to it. Oh by the way I have the same issue with feeling weird when people thank me or compliment me and once I learned to accept it and that it isn't weird, the whole thing has felt a lot better.
I have been in for two years and I still feel weird. plus I dont feel like I do deserve it I have not seen combat. I am a wheel machanic I am not infantry or a scout or any of those guys who could have to go and get into a firefight or anything like that. to me those are the guys who deserve the thanks

Reactions: perdurabo

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
most vets who served in war or conflict don't like to talk about it or remember what they saw

---or what they ate, how many miles they ran and marched, how many hours they spent in the motor pool or cleaning weapons and gear, the crazy bitches in the local bars, the number of MRE's (Meals Rejected by Ethiopians) they ate, how many punitive pushups they did, the number of hours spent shining footgear, stripping and waxing floors, the annual opportunity to inhale CS gas, being offered Motrin for any injury great or small, and parades of any type...

Reactions: indoeuro
Status
Not open for further replies.