PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebeerd

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
Middle Earth Maryland
Just wanted to give a quick shout out to a couple of guys at smokingpipes.com (sp.c).
Quick back story:
I've been smoking only for a couple of months and have been building both my tobacco and pipe rotations.
A couple of weeks back, I bought a Chacom Atlas pipe from sp.c. After 4 smokes, I saw the painted finish starting to disappear from the rim in one area. Still being very new, I felt this was a defect and contacted sp.c about returning the pipe.
Chris was very communicative at the front end handling/coordinating the return and very promptly replying to all inquiries on the status.
Stephen then took over on getting the replacement coordinated (along with a couple of tins - Mac Barren Modern, & CD Founding Fathers).
It should be said that I was told that the finish "issue" according to sp.c was normal and due to charring. I accepted this but I still did not feel confident that the issue was not going to migrate to the sides.
So sp.c offered me a full credit that I immediately used to acquire this Vauen - Nut (it will arrive with the two tins tomorrow). This company has definitely earned keeping my business.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I won't recite again all the times SP has gone the extra mile for me, but they know how to do customer service. For one example, thanks again to them for bringing a Luciano billiard to a show on speculation and to save me shipping. It was just what I wanted and I bought it on the spot.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
SP is definitely top notch. They're my go-to for both pipes and for tobacco. The guys at SP have even put a pipe through the "pipe cleaner test" for me to see if it would pass a pipe cleaner from stem to bowl.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thanks. I could agree except that I kept the first bowls to around 1/2 to 3/4 full. The Atlas has a good size bowl.
Maybe that is still considered to full?
Nah could definitely be a finish issue then. I usually do at least 5 half bowls.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Just wanted to give a quick shout out to a couple of guys at smokingpipes.com (sp.c).
Quick back story:
I've been smoking only for a couple of months and have been building both my tobacco and pipe rotations.
A couple of weeks back, I bought a Chacom Atlas pipe from sp.c. After 4 smokes, I saw the painted finish starting to disappear from the rim in one area. Still being very new, I felt this was a defect and contacted sp.c about returning the pipe.
Chris was very communicative at the front end handling/coordinating the return and very promptly replying to all inquiries on the status.
Stephen then took over on getting the replacement coordinated (along with a couple of tins - Mac Barren Modern, & CD Founding Fathers).
It should be said that I was told that the finish "issue" according to sp.c was normal and due to charring. I accepted this but I still did not feel confident that the issue was not going to migrate to the sides.
So sp.c offered me a full credit that I immediately used to acquire this Vauen - Nut (it will arrive with the two tins tomorrow). This company has definitely earned keeping my business.
View attachment 11996

That Vauen Rhodesian is lovely! I’m normally not a fan of that shape but I really like that one.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
SP is my first port of call when TAD or PAD consume me. Their customer service is outstanding and not just a hollow corporate slogan.

Reactions: BROBS and kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.