PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Its so dry here summer and winter makes no difference. Just gotta bundle up in the winter, or use my little smoking hut in the backyard with a propane heater.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
All seasons for me, though I prefer 50-70°F with RH 50-70% (@ 8100 ft elevation this combination occurs during the Spring & Fall, & at night during the Summer).

My only nemesis is the wind as I exclusively smoke outside.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
80 to 95 with humidity like that for me equals instant swamp ass and pure misery. If I had my way it would be 55, dry, and raining all summer long. If I could live in the month of Alaskan september for the rest of my life I would.
With a couple winter months sprinkled in. That cabin woodstove in a blizzard with a pipe, bourbon, book, belly full of moose stew, and a wool sweater with some old blind lemon jefferson playing quietly in the middle of goddamn nowhere is about as good as it gets.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I prefer the outdoors, in or near the forest edge, for puffing and contemplation. Where I live, near Seattle, that means the best time of the year is late spring to early fall.

I do some winter pipe smoke in the garage, but I am usually working on a project and so miss the relaxing sense of communing with the universe that comes from

sitting in the sunshine with a good pipe and listening to creation.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
73a9503e-d6cc-4e1b-9b96-69c2e64d0805-600x449.jpg

Just got this bad boy so looking forward to winter!

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Wind really seems to spoil the outdoor smoke more than anything else for me.. Nothing beats sitting outside with a pipe, in a quiet spot, on a windstill day.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ugh, don't remind me. It's already dropped to 60 degrees here in the AM. I love sitting out on the patio in shorts and a t-shirt enjoying my AM pipe & coffee. Soon, I'll be relegated to my workshop. It's cozy enough, but by the time April rolls around, it feels like a prison cell. I'll take the heat any day.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I smoke in my den all year long with the air filter running. The only time I smoke outdoors is in the summer, by the pool, when friends & family come for a visit.

tompetty

Lurker
Aug 11, 2019
I would rather bundle up around a wood stove with a briar, tea, and book than lay around the ac in my underwear during 90 degree plus days with 100% humidity. Autumn is king, winter can be harsh but in kind of a beautiful way, the warm seasons are my least favorite. Roll away summer! Not long at all before stores will be putting out the pumpkins

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I would rather bundle up around a wood stove with a briar, tea, and book than lay around the ac in my underwear during 90 degree plus days with 100% humidity. Autumn is king, winter can be harsh but in kind of a beautiful way, the warm seasons are my least favorite. Roll away summer! Not long at all before stores will be putting out the pumpkins
Having just been through (and still suffering from) Alaska's craziest heatwave ever, on behalf of the entire state, I would like to say: Amen to that shit!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
First summer full-time in FL in many moons, will never belly ache about winter down here again.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It's 102 in Austin and feels like 108. I leave the house and scurry like a lizard to the next closest patch of shade.
Got on my scooter today for the first time since surgery and blasted to the B&M for a leisurely smoking session.
I can't wait for Halloween.
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.