PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

pauls456

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2020
Tucson, Arizona
The title is not mine; its taken from an interesting article from a somewhat unlikely source:

Many opinions are expressed here, and at least some of them feel spot-on for me, but your mileage may vary. As for the more factual information, I don’t have the will or the energy to do the necessary fact checking. We don’t see too many articles on pipe smoking and pipe tobacco outside of the few established sources that we all know so well, so have at it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's an interesting persona in this piece. So I don't really want to swat it down. His mind races. He suffers. He doesn't like various blends. As an editor, I'd say the piece lacks focus. As a therapist, I'd send him to a meditation class. I don't think it would kill the interesting persona, just help him to a little more coherence. And I'd tell him to stay away from aromatic blends that are more about flavorings than tobacco.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I think (?) this fellow was a member here awhile back and posted some interesting things but for whatever reason I haven’t seen him here for some time now.
Yep. Got himself banned here and pretty much everywhere else because of his “interesting” posts. Didn’t help that he posted support for racists and terrorists, like the guy who killed a bunch of parishioners at a church in New Zealand several years ago.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Yep. Got himself banned here and pretty much everywhere else because of his “interesting” posts. Didn’t help that he posted support for racists and terrorists, like the guy who killed a bunch of parishioners at a church in New Zealand several years ago.
Yikes, there’s usually a reason when folks disappear. The world needs more kind and interesting folks, emphasis on kind. I’m tired of nastiness, as I’m sure most of the good folks here can relate with. More cowbell (and kindness).

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
So eating people is now hate crime? Seriously not the type of person we want around here chaps. Every man is entitled to his opinions but that sort of stuff is a bit 'strong' as we would say in my part of the world.

Reactions: ashdigger and dcon