PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
23D0CB3B-22F6-4CC4-B979-5DED291D442D-37520-0000475264F3B5D1_zpsca389022.jpg
So far half way into bowl, bowl is not hot , air screw opened 1 turn as reccomendef, very light, seems to be crafted extremely well.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Right on, I think I'm going to order one. It seems like something I'll regret if I don't, definitely one of a kind piece and goes to a good cause. You're a great guy Brad.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That looks like a fascinating pipe. I'm glad it seems to be working well for you. The price is certainly worth the gamble for something so different. Happy Smoke Rings with it.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Damn it Bradley,why did you have to post about those again?? !! I resisted buying one of those the last time they came up here- I have a thing about weird system pipes and have bought a few of them. Now one of those is headed here. :x :lol:

May 31, 2012
Andrew started a thread a few days back...

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/split-level-jet-air-pipe-by-teaford-ernie
I think the response here has been great.

:clap:
And thanks Bradley for the update!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
On the Air adjustment screw I took a dab of Nail polish and marked the side closed, now I know how many clicks to open. Sorry worked in a plant too long, need to know how open the valve is. LOL

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Another tip, if you screw bowl off, it is easy to cross thread back in, Bowl is notched at btm, screw thread all the way in letting it protrude at btm of bowl, then spin bowl on a couple threads, align notch of bowl then screw it down tight. Now I know there is no need to take bowl off, with end cap off pass a small pipe cleaner thru hole in bowl towards metal tube towards end cap and clean. I just wanted you to know if you take bowl off you could have an AW SHIT MOMENT.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Mine arrived today, if you think about it the idea is like a Falcon style bowl, over a Calabash air adjustable chamber (i.e. reverse Calabash that is) topped off with a Kaywoodie style stinger. I will wait on smoking it as I have too many conventional ones on the way that will be needing my immediate attention! They still have some listed on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291198511414

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I got mine in today,also in one of those padded envelopes.Luckily the plastic case wasn't damage. I doubt that I will smoke it. It will join my other dust collectors. Interesting pipe though. Was busy in the shop and didn't take the time to tear it apart and take a good look--yet.

furthur73

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
When I was in high school a gent I worked for smoked these. He had 4 or 5 in rotation, it was the only pipe he would smoke. He used to tell stories about Ernie, he was apparently quite the tinkerer, always working on the odd idea here and there. I may just have to pick one up for nostalgia's sake.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I played around with mine the other day. Took it apart just to see how it was built.Draw through stem seemed restricted.The tenon on these are a lot like a Grabow Ajustomatic and have the same thread pitch. A Grabow stem will screw right in. Anyway,pulled the stinger out,no inprovement,so I removed the tenon,which screws into the stem,unlike a Grabow. The tenon was not drilled completely through the size of the stinger,it was smaller at the end. Opened that up to 1/8",put the pipe back together and the draw was still tight. Removed the cap on the end of that aluminum section and could see that that hole wasn't drilled all the way through either. Opened it up with a 1/4" bit. Draw is better,but the hole in the screw that holds the bowl on needs to be opened also. It's to small to open up much though. Mine must have been made on a Monday or Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.