PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
.....but the smoking lounge is closed!! Waaaaahh! :crying:
img_20140213_135514_484-150x84.jpg

We had 6 inches on the ground already, then we received 14+ inches (NWS Total) on Thursday and we are due for another 3 to 5 inches tonight. What the picture doesn't show is the additional 4 inches we received last night as part of the 14+ inches storm total. Just a few miles away the NWS recorded a new 18 inches on the ground.
The downed tree in the top left corner is a 60' wild cherry tree that went down in last weeks ice storm. There are other downed limbs all over the yard. The place looks like a war zone. The good news is no damage to the house, cars, etc.
Apparently Spring is just a rumor.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Help, somehow my picture was resized upon loading to my PM Album and again when I posted. ??????

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Clear out a small area in the yard, build a fire, pull up a chair, enjoy pipe. :puffy:
Stay safe!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ref your headline: Now reveille, reveille. All hands heave out and trice up. The smoking lamp is lit

in all authorized spaces. Now reveille.
As experienced nearly every morning for a year aboard the USS Gallant MSO 489, now under commission

and renamed by the Tawainese navy. Hull built entirely of Washington Spruce in 1956 (I think it was).

Originally outfitted with four Packard aluminum diesels (yes, the Packard Motor Company from Clark

Gable era). Since retrofitted with Japanese diesels. Did unending patrols as part of operation Market

Time in the South China Sea off the DMZ between the Vietnams, supplied by underway replenishment,

and crossed the Pacific back to homeport at Long Beach, Ca. USN got a genetically predisposed 'sweep

sailor who, unlike most new shipmates, didn't get seasick and was boredom resistant and capable of

radioman work.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
mso489, I knew it was a naval reference but thanks for the perspective. Thank you for your service sir.
BTW to all - the big tree down is in the top right corner, not the top left corner of the picture. Oops.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.