PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
My car's getting old, it's about ten years now. I've never smoked in it, but now I'm thinking "why not?" How many of you smoke in the car? Is it a hassle while driving? I can imagine dropping the pipe in my lap and crashing into a vegetable garden.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
It’s a hassle for me. I don’t enjoy it as I can’t concentrate on how the blend is working in the pipe. Ok with cigars while driving though.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I only do it when I'm on the motorway. High-speed straight line cruising is fine with my pipe but city start and stop is a pain in the proverbial and no way to enjoy a smoke. Most of the cars in the UK are manual and I have wondered if I would still abstain from smoking during city driving if I drove an automatic.
When I used to smoke cigarettes I would just smoke whenever I wanted.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
My truck is my favorite place to smoke. Just traded in on a new one and had to decide if I was going to smoke in it. Don't regret it one bit. Good tunes, cup holder, perfect spot on console for lighter and pipe tool. Lots of idle hours sitting in the driveway when it was freezing out this winter.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
I am with Bluesmk on this. In fact, ever since I began piping while in the car, I am at total peace with the other drivers and the flow of traffic which surrounds me. Red lights are now my best friend. Unending conga-lines of Ducks crossing the road are a welcome thing.
Traffic-jam? That's what I call: Me-Time.
I just huff, and I puff, and I mellow myself out.
This crazy world round me can do anything it likes.
I don't mind.
I smoke a pipe. - Sherm Natman

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I always smoke while I drive. I like it best when the wife is driving, then I only have to think about the smoke.

I am more likely to drive without my keys than a pipe. I’m not even sure what problems smoking a pipe while driving would be. I mean, I don’t cube cut, or slice plugs, or do any fancy pipe loading tricks while driving. I just light my pipe, put it in my clench, and go. And, if I have to relight (which is rare) or tamp, I can still keep a hand on the wheel. The only time it could be dangerous is if I am trying to have sex with a couple of girls and smoke my pipe while driving... but, my wife has slowed all of that down for me.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I smoke in my car every day. It makes my commute so much more pleasant! I have a leather pipe holder and tamper in a tray in front of the center console. Works great!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Only time I smoke in the car is when I am in it.

I can't justify owning something that expensive & not enjoying it 100% just to keep it a certain way for the next owner.

I crack my window, smoke goes out & a year and a half later it don't smell like smoke.

It isn't going to depreciate any faster. Or more.

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
I tend to dip too, like ray. But spit bottles are disgusting and they add up.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
I have my "Truckster" that is 14 years old. It's my only place except outside that I can enjoy a pipe. I have a cigar/pipe can(similar to ray47) in my cup holder that holds my pipe and used matches. It's my safe place if you know what I mean ! Hoppes

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
The only time it could be dangerous is if I am trying to have sex with a couple of girls and smoke my pipe while driving... but, my wife has slowed all of that down for me.
As she should. You were quite the ladies man! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.