PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
teufelhund, thank you. Although my wife thinks the garage stinks and I think it's more stubborn and wanting to smoke a bowl and not wanting to have to shut it down until April.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Thursday it was actually pleasant during the day, around 50. I went out to the garage to enjoy some tobacco. As the sun went down, I really started to regret not adding a sweatshirt. Smoke faster, hold pipe closer to the bowl. Get done and get inside.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
It's gorgeous out today. I just finished tinkering around in the garage with the door open and now I'm sitting out in the sun working on a bowl of ABF and some black coffee. Not bad for the end of November.

effektor

Might Stick Around
Aug 4, 2013
I prefer not to smoke in the house, but I will smoke in the basement during the winter. I would prefer the patio, but if there is snow on the chairs, I'll go in the garage or the basement.I do have a kerosene heater for the garage that I will use at least a few times a year, but the I feel guilty about not cleaning up in there and end up doing more cleaning than smoking. The electric blanket idea would prevent me from moving around and I might actually get to enjoy a smoke.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I feel guilty about not cleaning up in there and end up doing more cleaning than smoking
I'm glad I'm not the only one afflicted with this. Also happens with the yard.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
After looking at what you guys have to do.
I am gonna give my wife a big kiss when I get home.
She has even said "I like the smell of that one".
I try not to abuse the privilege, but she has no issue with my pipe in the house.

And neither of us smoke otherwise.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
The shop I have now is insulated decently and I added a 1500 watt space heater that will keep the shop between 40-50 deg in the coldest weather. the shop itself is only 12x20 so not much room to heat. In the new house we are purchasing it has a second detached two car garage that I plan on dividing in half and insulating for winter smoking and 365 working. I plan on using 120v baseboard heaters that run about $45 at Home Depot and a window air for the summer. Cant wait!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Rain or shine, I'm in my heated/cooled workshop

XdexY0tl.jpg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
jiujitsubowl, my son-in-law said I look like a hobo.
I told him if my wife knew what I paid for that Dunhill I would be a hobo!
(Caveat: Actually, she does.) but I thought it was funny.

pylorns, that's a beautiful looking shop/smoke shack

Status
Not open for further replies.