PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pack the chamber very lightly. Gravity packing would serve the purpose very well. It would allow more oxygen to circulate around the tobacco and help the ember.
+1... I live in central Florida and what Embers says is true. Gravity feed your flake and ribbon cut tobacco, and cube cut your dense flakes (taught to me by Embers) and you should be fine. Also, process your long ribbon cut tobacco into shorter strands so that you may gravity feed them as well. Good luck and welcome aboard.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I live in SW Florida where it s very muggy. I only smoke inside where it is 73-74 with low humidity as I have a whole house dehumidifier. I have no issues drying tobacco in my house either. Smoking out side in this type of humidity I would fold and stuff a flake and just smoke away. I never had any serious issues doing that. I never tried drying tobacco in those conditions.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If you have a gas range with an oven pilot light, it always stays just a bit warmer and dryer in the oven when off. You can sit a Gawith flake on a plate in there before bed and have a dried treat ready in the morning.

My laptop has cooling fan exhaust coming out one side. Low velocity warm, dry air.

1592350648090.png

Reactions: kurtbob

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
Texas Gulf Coast here where the humidity I’d high most of the year, but especially high in the summer. I usually open a tin and let it dry a bit before even trying to smoke it. I even have a dry box for my cigars. Most of my smoking is done on my commute in my air conditioned truck which helps too.

Reactions: kurtbob and jpmcwjr

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Denser or wetter stuff I cut/rub and dry inside. Just a thought: A refrigerator is pretty low humidity isn't it? If you aren't using AC, maybe try to dry out a bowl's worth on a small plate in the fridge. Honestly just thought of that while typing. Might work, might not. On particularly humid days, I usually just stick to the drier blends like Haunted Bookshop, Five Brothers, Granger, and Briar Fox all seem to do well in humid conditions for me.

Reactions: bigtex and jpmcwjr