PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
So, I have been and admirer of Smoking Holster Pipe Bags for a long time, but I cannot afford one. So I was thinking of a creative and affordable way to transport a couple pipes and a pouch of tobacco around and I thought of an over-sized pipe sock. So I contacted Neil at smoking holsters to see if he had such a thing and he said no but he would make me one if I told him how big I wanted it. His normal sleeves are 4x7 and run $12 so I thought about getting one made that was 6x8. He charged me a little extra for the size difference but I both expected that and was willing to pay for it. Less then a week later it was in my mailbox. It is made from deer skin and the quality is very nice. It is super soft but seem durable at the same time. It will be a good way to carry my stuff on small trips. Neil was a top notch guy to work with. Communication was super easy and he was very accommodating.
The pipe is made by American Pipe Carver RC Sands. He is local in Columbus Ohio and I have had the chance to meet him and hang out with him quite a few times. His pipes are good quality and very reasonably priced. You can find quite a variety for around $100 or you can often pick them up on ebay for substantially cheaper.
20140125_185920-600x337.jpg

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Very nice!
I just picked up two of his pipes and they should be in hand in a few days.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I agree on Neils work. That bag should come in handy! Keep your eye peeled for used Smokin Holsters bags. Last year I picked up a 6 pipe "Ultimate" bag and a 2-4 pipe "Necessities" bag for a fraction of the new cost. (one on Ebay, the other from a pipe forum classifieds section)

Status
Not open for further replies.