PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugg, the only time that I ever set down at home is at the end of the day in my reading chair with my pipe, so my cat takes full advantage of these moments to gain my attention. I always keep my tobacco in either jars, tins, or their bags, but in the few moments it takes to open one and load a bowl, somehow cat hair mysteriously works its way into the tobacco. I've already gotten used to cat hair in my clothes, coffee, and most of my foods, but dag-nabbit it grates my last nerve to see a long white cat hair hanging out of the bowl just as I am about to touch flame to leaf. I've never had this problem with the dog, nor the kids, eh however, I've probably smoked a little of my girlfriend's hair, but that's another story...
Does anyone else have this issue?

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
I say run with it. Put the stuff in tins and sell it as some hoity toity blend.
(please cut me in for 5 percent for coming up with this spectacular idea) :wink:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
4dotsaseni is an expert on this blend, be glad the cat didn't scratch a small hole and make a deposit, but then you could say as the Hippies in my day. This Shit Is Good! :rofl: PS as I told 4dot you could call it The Cats Meow!

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
I've never noticed it with the two cats in our household, but then I don;t smoke where they frequent. Do you have a cat-free man cave where you can open tins and pack pipes?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I also have 3 demons.
I keep my stash in an old record player/radio. There's a storage space for records with two sliding doors.
Cat proof.
Buy a cabinet of some sort. That's what the thrift stores are for. Buying old cool shit and refurbishing it to fit your needs and expensive tastes.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
One of the many, many reasons I don't own a cat is their fur is annoying and gets everywhere. At any rate though hair in your tobacco sounds absolutely horrible, but I can bet it is still better than Mixture 79.

~Ron

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Make a special Tin with a unique label and send it to Harris as a Secret Santa gift. Then just sit back and enjoy watching him try to cellar say about 80 tins of your new blend. I actually see a sitcom in the works here. Hmmmmm.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
rmason said:

"One of the many, many reasons I don't own a cat

is their fur is annoying and gets everywhere."
Their fur gets everywhere they go, and they go everywhere ... into their litter box where they paw around in the unine/feces soaked cat litter, then up on your countertops or dinner table, then into your favorite easy chair where they use your pipes and tobacco jars for backscratchers ...
I'm with rmason ... there are many, many reasons to not own a cat ...

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Yep. Lived with long haired cats all of my married life, 32 years. The hair just simply goes through walls, doors, barriers of every sort, and somehow ends up in every nook and cranny. Vacumning only seems to help a little. If it weren't for my wife I'd never had a cat in the house. But, sometimes it's just a packaged deal. 8O

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a cat that enjoys climbing up on the smoking table and sniffing the tobacco smoke. Her hair sometimes turns up in a bowl or two, but I have become vigilant in checking the bowl before loading up the tobacco. No hair in the tobacco, as far as I know.

forums-henry.jpg

I've smoked a lot of this Manx, Henry Hemingway. He pretty much leaves my pipes and tobaccos alone, at least until I set down to smoke. The fine hair just works its way into everything.
forums-scamper.jpg

Scamp is a good dog. He just prefers to chew on a good book while I smoke :D

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I keep my tobacco in sealed containers.I haven't noticed having that problem.Though my wife has three of the varmits sneaking around the house.I wish I could donate them to some charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.