PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Only 500 tins were made when Mr. Pease got a hold of some high quality Syrian latakia in 2015. This blend contains both Cyprian and Syrian latakia as well as generous amount of virginias and a little oriental as well.

The tin had expanded a bit over the 4 1/2 years. A beautiful mass of ribbon cut tobacco tumbled out of the tin at just the right amount of moisture for my smoking enjoyment. The tin note was leather and a bit of old hay. I packed a cob and it lit very easily. You get the sharp smokiness of the Cyprian latakia right away but that fades and a leather and old book flavor comes forward and lingers. A small sour note comes out occasionally which might be the orientals. Easy to smoke, stayed lit the whole time.

I had grabbed a few tins when this came out because I was/am a Syrian latakia junkie. It sat in my cellar until earlier this year when I was picking out some tins to sell with Pipestud. I almost included this blend but decided smoke it.; better to have smoked and loved it then sell it and wonder how good it was. I'm glad I kept the tins. 4 star experience

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Glad to hear it wasn’t moldy. I have a few tins in the cellar awaiting their turn. Sounds even better than the tin description.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.