PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Smokers Haven put up a sign that every Wednesday from 5-7 PM they will have a tobacco tasting. I was there last week and no one showed up but am going again tomorrow. I will be bringing a tin of Margate from 1998 if anyone is interested in joining for a smoke or two.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Rats - Wednesday nights are bad for me but maybe one will open up soon, that sounds like a great getaway for an hour or 2...
What do they offer for tasting - "blend of the week" kind of thing, any bulk, etc?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Not sure what they are offering up. They have a lot open and in jars you can try out though, mostly bulks but they do have some Sam Gawith blends.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I will be bringing a tin of Margate from 1998

Makes me want to drive to Ohio.
Mrenglish if I had your stash I'd have it made. Let us know how the Margate holds up.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Thanks for the heads up. I will try and make it on a Wednesday as I only live about 10 minutes away. I know that I can't make it tomorrow though.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
FYI, Primal informed me at the Richmond show last weekend that the Smokers' Haven blends are blended by none other than J. F. Germain's. Pretty cool fact that was previously unbeknownst to me. Definitely explains the quality of their blends, Exotique is some damn fine stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.