PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I was looking around trying to see about finding tobaccos I'd like to try, that I've read about on this forum. Number one was Exotique. I've read about here and on Tobaccoreviews and it always gets stellar reviews alongside warnings concerning its scarcity. I even read that it was harder to locate than Esoterica blends. So I went to the website and ordered a bunch of it, but seeing as it seemed highly available I became concerned that either something has changed recently or... I dunno, but it was too easy so something must be wrong?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nate, I was looking for it at SH online just a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it... so I imagine that they may have just received a shipment.
Don't worry. If you like Margate, you'll really like Exotique.
Happy puffing.
-- Pat

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
They just received a shipment and are in fine stock....until the irrational hoarders hit them.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
If you are enjoying Margate, you'll probably like Exotique as well. Those two, along with the new Balkan Sobranie, while all distinct, are closely related. If anything, the cut and consistency of the tobacco is identical.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Awesome!!! Thanks guys!! Anytime something worth having seems to appear as if from nowhere.... I tend to think something's wrong. If it's like margate I can't wait!! Thanks!!

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Thanks for the thread. I didn't know Exotique was back in stock! I read that SH Our Best Blend compares closely to Esoterica Margate. Any thoughts?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I don't think exotique is an extremely hard to find blend, I remember one of the forum members who was very knowledgable about smokers haven stating it was readily avaiable now, it's krumble kake which is the impossible to get

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I'm going to need a new notebook to keep track of all these blends I'd like to try.....keep up the good work

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
I use a Google Spreadsheet, that was I carry my current cellar and my "TO TRY/BUY" list with me where ever I go!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo sno
The Smoker's Haven imported lineup from Germain is mostly mirrored by the Lat-bearing side of Esoterica. They are not identical, but the ingredients must be. Yummy both ways.
hp

les

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Exotique is IMO one of the finest Balkan Blends ever produced. I regard it as a Balkan because of a good percentage of Oriental leaf which comes forward of the Latakia component. I enjoy Margate and Pembroke as well but Exotique is tops on my list of favorites. Try it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised and go back for more.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've been chatting a bit with Premal Chheda of SmokersHaven. He's a super nice guy and is sending me samples of the rest of their lineup along with my order. Once again, the kindness and professionalism of the pipe community shines through. Where are the a**holes I've grown so accustomed to dealing with in other retail environments? Somehow the tobacco repels them. :)

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
You would be hard pressed to find a nicer guy than Premal. Never saw him without a smile on his face or a kind word for anyone who came into his shop.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My parcel arrived from Smokers Haven today. I haven't tried it yet, but was very impressed with packaging and the very nice note. Wonderful first impression!!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Damn... Yet another seriously good tobacco. To me it's more reminiscent of JA Luxury Flake than Margate, but a tad less grassy. Were I forced to chose between those three.... I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.