PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I just tried to access their website and received a security warning. It said something about possible stealing of personal and financial information. I did not continue.
Has anyone else had the same experience or know additional details about the company.
Did they close? Etc
Thanks

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They haven't closed. A lot of tobacco sites will make that warning pop up anymore. Google's way of saying tobacco is bad, and you should be ashamed. :roll:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I was one the site a few days ago. Apparently their cert just expired. Their site's sys admin needs to handle this. There isn't a whole lot there right now. They're showing little to no tobacco, certainly none of their blends, so no biggie to me.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Premal tweaked a code package and installed it himself a couple years ago. Meaning there's no professional IT person involved, just a talented amateur, so it might take a couple days to get resolved. (I'm sure he's aware of the situation)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, just an expired certificate. Trying an image of a Kyriazonos pipe on the site:
DSC06616__24369.1453151251.1280.1280.JPG

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Anyone have word if SH is still open?

I'm headed to Cbus on Weds and looking to stop by if it is... website looks pretty dead though.

If not, anywhere else recommended?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
P&P has gone down quite a bit for us pipe smokers. Tin selection is practically nil and they cater to cigar smokers now. Pipe selection was still good and they still have their usual bulks. Tins were not selling fast enough so they culled their selection quite a bit.

The Tinderbox out near Tuttle Crossing has a decent selection of tinned tobacco, including some harder to get stuff. Pipe selection is decent and they are all pipe smokers.

Premel does have a store but it's mostly a workshop/mail order place though he does have walk in customers. He has many brands of pipes though and will lay them out for you. Best to call ahead to make sure he is there.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Agree about P&P I was in there over the weekend and tins were few and even the walked humidor was 1/2 empty of cigars.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
They had some issues with the state on taxes and did not renew their license to purchase tobaccos, so a lot of companies could not sell to them legally. I think they did finally renew it. The state also took most of their cigars a while back because the inventories they reported were not matching what was on hand. They showed up for an inspection and was not done by the time they thought they would be, so instead of remaining closed for the day while state did their thing, P&P agreed to let them take the cigars.
Selling pipes and tobaccos is something you have to cultivate and build the relationships with customers. I think they might have one or two pipe smokers there. I know the manager has tried to pick up the pipe, not sure if he continued or not. Sure, you can sell bulks all day long but to move pipes and tins, it takes a lot of work.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I think it's just Premel running SH and he is a very busy man. To see the most current updates you need to keep an eye on Facebook and some other image hosting service whose name is escaping me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.