Small House Blends That Are a Must Try...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Iwan Ries Gourmet English, though it's not a true small house blend, as I believe it is blended for Iwan Ries by McClellan.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's my cue to say, for those who love burley, Semois Tabac-Manil thick cut and medium cut and shag cut Le Petite Robin.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Peretti's, Uhles and Watch City all have a number of very, very good house blends. Depends on what genre you like the best. Gatlinburlier has some nice burley house blends.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Boswell's Northwoods and Countryside, great English blends.

And if you like your burley with Cavendish, Boswell's Premium Burley.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Before smokingpipes.com bought Cornell & Diehl, they had their own house blends under the Low Country brand, which are still available I believe. I've sampled Cooper and am aging a tin, and I also am aging a tin of Guendalose. Russ O.'s blends from PC constitute a sort of specialty brand of their own, in a wide variety of genres. Fire Storm, Chestnut, and Log Cabin are a few of my favorites, but his range with Va/Pers is quite a "keyboard" of blending expertise.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Benningtons in Fl. The connoisseurs choice is a aro that is really tasty stuff if you are after an aro....

Pappadō

Lurker
Sep 26, 2018
Sticks of Chicagoland
Has anyone ordered from them in the last few weeks or so?

I have - the order was placed on hold. I emailed them to ask why it was on hold. Like magic it went to completed. I waited a few more days and asked when they ship and if they send out tracking. It has now been over a week with multiple attempts to contact and zero responses and zero product. I foresee a credit card dispute in my very near future. :(

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just tried my first Daughters and Ryan blend, two-burley Two Timer. They offer quite an array, and you can sample blends in a tin in most cases. Check out their site. They're at a Smithfield zip, in the small N.C. town of Kenley, which used to (may still) have a clothing outlet store. D&R offers about 29 blends.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Beck’s Ol’ Limey Bastard from B&B Tobacconists is a great Latakia blend:
http://bbtobacconists.com/tobacco/#Bulk
Came here to say this. But I would also go to Boswell's at the drop of a hat for any reason and then sit and smoke all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.