PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
The two newest additions. Both are small,"take to work" pipes. One was a super generous gift from a member, who I I'll leave unnamed to avoid him being asked for handouts (Thank you, again. Watch the mail ;)). The other is a kaywoodie red root dublin. I have to say, I rather enjoy how the dublin concentrates the flavor. I may have to add another to my collection.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I have been considering getting one of these new Kaywoodie Red Root pipes, I like the rustic look they have.

Glad to hear it is a good smoker!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really believe in a range of sizes on the rack. I have many pipes in the middle, Group 4 more or less. But I also value my XL's, the 5's and 6's, and the little samplers and flake burners, those Group 1, 2, and 3's. So worth the slot on the rack to have some biggies, and some of these little gems.

Jan 8, 2013
There are some super generous members here. A few of my favorite pipes just happen to be gifts from other members.
who I I'll leave unnamed to avoid him being asked for handouts
or to avoid him catching a lot of flack for being generous like another member was. Whoever it was... good on him :clap: Those are some nice looking little pipes. Enjoy the heck out of them. :D

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
I'm big on unique rustication so the red root series caught my eye. The Willmer has beautiful grain as well, and has been treating me wonderfully. I like eunique, anyone can smoke a plain black pipe (no offense, if that's your preference)

I have read that small pipes and dublins are good for flake. I'm not quite sure why that is perhaps you could enlighten me. Admittedly, I have yet to try flake...
(Side note: I grabbed a pouch of Amphora black with this purchase. If you are a black cav fan, you should really try this stuff. Typical black cav taste with a light mix of spices that compliment the sweetness very well.) [Smoked in my Nording classic. I figured,Danish pipe+ danish tobacco.]

Status
Not open for further replies.