PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Approx. 15 in competition. I finished 2nd with a time of 1 hour 20 minutes. Winner took it with 1 hour 22 minutes. 2nd place was a nice 3 Pipe MacBaren ashtray with cork knocker.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
voorhees, Congrats Brother! Must be nice to have a B&M close by with activities like that. Good for you!...

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Damn I hated to miss this as it's only a few hours away from me but shit came up like always.
Congrats Jason. What was the tobacco for the slow smoke?

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
For everybody it’s different. One factor is it was a flake tobacco, the pipe I picked was narrow chambered with thick walls and third, candence. I’ve come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and points in between in 6-7 attempts.

However, I did smoke it hot enough to put a dark spot on the bottom of the pipe. Guess that’s the price you pay and risk you take. Thankfully it was not an expensive pipe.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Mechanic, everyone gets the same amount of the same tobacco. Usually 2 matches to light in one minute, no additional delights. Then it’s a marathon. Slow and steady. Some competitions supply a pipe, some don’t.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Oh Sounds like a very interesting competition. 2 matches I wouldnt get far i give my bic a workout. I said the other day all the lighters i throw out trash men proablly think im smoking rock lol

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
We had fun. Congratulations Jason. I came in 4th. Won a tobacco pouch ( plastic bag the tobacco came in)& a box of matches .:-D Always win useful items ! Didn't pull the trigger on anything (end of the month ) but have my eye on a couple of Meerschaums if they're still there a pipe club meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.