PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
Has anyone smoked, Sleepy Hollow tobacco from Strauss tobacco company. As you can guess, it only comes out this time of year. It's priced around 4.35 an oz. Seems like it has good reviews. Debating on supporting the local B&M and buying a few oz's.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Never heard of the tobacco, but I've been to Washington Irving's Sunnyside. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunnyside_(Tarrytown,_New_York)

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Picked up a few lbs. I like it, wife doesnt mind the room note so its a nice everyday for me.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I go to Strauss every other month or so..

I'm not much into aromatics but they have a huge selection of store blended bulks.

I typically make the short road trip to enjoy their lounge, a cigar or two, and to pick up some of their bulk Stokkebye RYO. I really like the Danish Import and Amsterdam Shag.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
That's great to hear, I had heard that they weren't going to make anymore because of the FDA insanity.
I know. Like there isn't enough to worry about these days...

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I will say the tin note is incredible on this stuff. They never seem to match the room but man...almost hate to light it!

btsteve

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2015
Sellersburg, Indiana
I jumped in and ordered 4oz. 4.15 a oz. Shipped it was right at $24. They give discounts as you buy more. I think they said over 4oz 10%, over 8oz 15%, and over 16 oz. 20%. Shipping is a flat $9.

rimbaud

Lurker
Oct 24, 2013
Straus is my local B&M. Very glad that their still producing it this. Still have a bit from last year but could sure use more.

The Pipe Professor

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2016
Kentucky
thepipeprofessor.com
Similar to Bluegrassbrian, I visit Strauss roughly 6-7 times per year but mainly do mail order from them. Sleepy Hollow is a very enjoyable aromatic. Not overly complex but has a wonderful aroma. If you're looking for something you can smoke in public or around others who may not be pipe smokers it is certainly a win. I'd say give it a go. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.