PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
"Sleeping in a new house" reminds me of when I moved from the hustle and bustle of the smack-dab middle of San Francisco to the mellow-jello of Tiburon. The lack of noise at night turned me into an insomniac and I was on edge for a couple of weeks, until I got used to that incredible quiet of Tiburon and decided that "this" is normal and where I came from was whacked. It's always exciting to sleep in "the new house".

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
"Sleeping in a new house" reminds me of when I moved from the hustle and bustle of the smack-dab middle of San Francisco to the mellow-jello of Tiburon. The lack of noise at night turned me into an insomniac and I was on edge for a couple of weeks, until I got used to that incredible quiet of Tiburon and decided that "this" is normal and where I came from was whacked. It's always exciting to sleep in "the new house".
I went through the same thing when I house sat my brother's house in White Rock New Mexico. I drove out from LA, one of the most enjoyable trips I made. I instantly experienced insomnia, which didn't abate for the 6 weeks I house sat, and which vanished instantly when I returned home. I have to say, though, that the night sky in Northern New Mexico back then was astonishing. You could see the arc of the Milky Way in the sky overhead. Looked like the Griffith Park Planetarium, only much more intense and it was real.

Anyways, congratulations on the new house!

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
We moved from Suburban DC to the country in East Tennessee . The one thing that struck me was how loud the “quiet countryside” actually is. Roosters, frogs, donkeys, cows, foxes, coyotes, owls, crickets. It’s as loud as the city out here! It took a while to stop hearing it.

Congrats! I think... this is YOUR house right? And, not just some random house that you're going to be smoking at now? Because, I have found that people get really upset at that. puffy

I have told the wife that this house is it. I am not moving several buildings full of tools ever again. I will drop dead in THIS yard. I would rather move several houses full of furniture than just one building with tools, and tools, and tools... all of the little burs and small hammers... uhhh, just gives me a headache thinking about it.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Congrats! I think... this is YOUR house right? And, not just some random house that you're going to be smoking at now? Because, I have found that people get really upset at that. puffy

I have told the wife that this house is it. I am not moving several buildings full of tools ever again. I will drop dead in THIS yard. I would rather move several houses full of furniture than just one building with tools, and tools, and tools... all of the little burs and small hammers... uhhh, just gives me a headache thinking about it.
Yeah, plan to die in this house. Well, more like a hospital near by. Unless, of course, ambulance driver can't find it.

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

swampgrizzly

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2018
South Louisiana, U.S.A.
Wow, you reside in one of my favorite places in the Bay Area. I enjoy staying at the Lodge at Tiburon, walking the Shoreline Path - fantastic views and it serves as a great base for S. F. Excursions by ferry across the bay, or crossing the Golden Gate Bridge during non peak commute hours. It's a great base for seeing Marin County and even for day trips to the wine valleys and/or Pointe Reyes National Seashore! You live in a fantastic place!!

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I am not moving several buildings full of tools ever again. I will drop dead in THIS yard. I would rather move several houses full of furniture than just one building with tools, and tools, and tools... all of the little burs and small hammers... uhhh, just gives me a headache thinking about it.

There are people who pay big money for gym memberships, never mind the clothing and travel required to work out, and you turn your nose up at being able to do it for free?

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 3.52.40 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore