PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Picked this one up at The Briary in Birmingham earlier this week. Not sure that Cosmic will ever forgive me but I couldn't turn it down. Smoked 4 or 5 bowls of tobacco in it, including a couple of Cosmic's home grown blends. Awesome smoking pipe! That wood seems to be incredibly neutral and Skips drilling and mouthpiece work are perfect.
img_0012-600x450.jpg

Yeh, you know that's just eating me up, ha ha. I told Mark that every time Skip calls me to tell me that he has an osage pipe that he has finished, by the time I can drop what I am doing and get up there, he has already sold it. It really is frustrating. I have yet to smoke one. I have no idea what they are like. And, I've watched Skip sort the wood, turn the bowls, and then... next thing I hear is that it has sold. He even had a bunch that he had saved for the Pipe Show, and when I got there, he had sold them all the first 15 minutes of opening.
I hope it smokes well for you, even though I have no idea how you got that pipe right under my nose without me knowing. I am starting to think that Skip doesn't want me to have one. :puffy:
Beautiful pipe!!! It couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Thanks Michael! It smokes as nice as advertised. Like I said, Skip seemed determined to sell me more than one pipe. I was checking out when he did the "Oh, BTW, I could probably finish up this Orange Osage ....." Perhaps he thought I wouldn't buy it. Next time he calls, just give him a credit card. LOL When I came in the next day to pick it up, there was some other guy there holding it, look at it and I quickly told him to handle MY pipe very carefully. LOL
Must be nice to be Skip and be able to sell his pipes before they ever hit the display case. Now if you'll just make me up 8 oz of that VA mix to smoke, life will be very good.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Osage orange, like the hedge apple tree? When I was in Kansas we saw it everywhere as hedge rows and fence posts. It burns super hot and sparks a bunch, but in a wood burning stove, it's hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.