PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Can anyone tell me why I have to scroll a mile and a half down the page to find it's contents. The first time this happened I thought the page wasn't loading correctly. Finally figured out I had to scroll WAY down to find it. Anyone else having this "problem"?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Home page,Forums,everything I have tried except the "Members" list.I think I figured it out. This site doesn't like Firefox!! Doesn't do that when I use Internet Explorer. Guess I will just have to live with it because I prefer Firefox to IE.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Firefox, used to be great and was my go to browser, until 3.2 ish when it turned into a bloated monster of bad. I use Chrome and Safari now, and between the two, never have loading issues with any website.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm having the same issues, but only recently since the site was redesigned. I thought it was just some poor HTML or something, guess I'll have to try a different browser.
So can you still use adblock and no-script (or equivalent) with Safari?

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
To block ads you'd want to modify your hosts file, I have a ready made one with about 22000 ad sites and agencies and affiliates pre-blocked, PM me and I can send it to you, with instructions on where to put it.
The internet ad free is so... luxurious.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
ejames, same here. Seems like it's bad frames.
What's odd is this just began for me yesterday. I've been accessing here for a month with Firefox and no rpoblem until now.
I suppose I can shift browsers, but perhaps if alerted Kevin Godbee's web gurus might be able to address it so ti will work in Firefox?
Really enjoying this site, but the scrolling down is inconvenient, and I'd hate to have shift over all my favorites, PWs etc to another browser.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well Firefox updated this morning-no change. Oh well.
Adblock and Noscript are part of why I like Firefox. I ain't that computer savvy,don't like messing around with files I know nothing about.These two are easy to install and keep updated.
You'll be happy to know Kevin that both of those add-ons on my computer are set to allow all. I don't mind the ads here-they are about things that interest me,and I use the links now and then.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
You'll be happy to know Kevin that both of those add-ons on my computer are set to allow all. I don't mind the ads here-they are about things that interest me,and I use the links now and then.

Likewise, Kevin, I leave all this sites ads intact because I use the links frequently.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It is in your browser settings. Make sure your browser is set to display at the default size. When you go smaller than default is when that problem happens.
As for ad blockers, I am displeased to hear this.
If you are using an ad blocker, please read this.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Kevin, I don't block the ads on this site, or on sites I frequent, I understand the need to pay bills, and I am more than happy to experience ads from places I go. But when I google song lyrics, I don't want ads for penis pumps and Russian mail order brides shoved down my throat (a bit hyperbolical). So, let's smoke a pipe and agree to disagree!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Just spent a few minutes trying to find a setting in Firefox so it will display in default size,can't find anything,if it's there it's hidden pretty well or I'm looking in the wrong places!!

This is the only site I have this problem on.Weird.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Like a number of others, I only have this problem when viewing the member profile pages. This, for me, occurs both in IE at work and Safari at home. It is only the actual profile that is down towards the bottom, the sidebars and everything else appears normally.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Control+scroll button shrinks the entire page.Like Krgulicl said,all the sidebars etc are where they are supposed to be.This ain't a big deal to me,nothin' I can't live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.