PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I live alone and do my best not to eat prepared foods. Cooking anything usually results in my having several portions to deal with and that reality sometimes limits my fervor for the chore.
Lately I've been attempting to resolve the issue with experiments in single serving dishes,
Last evening, I made a single pancake. I know, who eats one pancake? Well, if it has one egg in it, it is quite satisfying,
This a.m. I've made single serving granola with a cast iron skillet, oats, butter, salt, brown sugar and a toaster oven.
Mixed it with some yogurt for a tasty breakfast. (I seem to favor breakfast foods)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One pot dishes can often be modified to make as single serving. Many others as well, depends on how much effort you like to put into meals and if you enjoy the preparation and cooking. It’s therapy and fun for me and I prefer leftovers for a few days or to freeze.
I make a pot of chili or vegetable soup big enough for the five of us to eat on for a few days.?

Reactions: BROBS

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Try something where the leftovers can be used in a second meal. That is how hash and biscuits and gravy were invented.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I make a pot of chili or vegetable soup big enough for the five of us to eat on for a few days.?
good thing about chili or soup is you can always freeze portions as well..
so make a normal pot of chili.. divide it out into servings.. and freeze..
then you can pull it out and warm it up and you've got a meal later without cooking.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.