PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I’ve resisted the D&R panic buying up to this point. There are other things I’ve been saving my pennies for.
I don't get the D&R panic buying, at least at this point. The discontinued blends are pretty much gone and the other blends will continue to be available, at least for the next 9 months or so.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Grabbed a pound for giggles. I love VaOr and like what he does with Virginnies, so this should be a win. Good on him for selling out so quickly, but equally frustrating for those that couldn't jump.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I don't get the D&R panic buying, at least at this point. The discontinued blends are pretty much gone and the other blends will continue to be available, at least for the next 9 months or so.
I’m not sure whether those blends that are continuing will really be the same product. It’ll be another company making them. I figured I’d better get the ones I love while I can. I’m not getting “Irish Flaked” again! ?

But anyway, I like Virginia/Oriental blends, so I’ll have to try to snag some of this next time.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Would have liked to get 8oz. I'm not sure how I missed it as I was actually checking the status every 20-30mins or so. It sold out quick! If anyone wants to trade a 1 or 2oz sample for something that I might have, let me know.

Edit: It would sure be nice if they made a few more pounds of these limited batches when they're selling out in 20mins. I understand that scarcity sells right now, but it seems like they could have sold a lot more and it would have taken an hour instead of 20mins...

Alas - if it is available for more than 24 hours it gets labeled a non-limited release and is forever shunned by the pipe smoking community forever!

Also - I blame @jiminks for even putting this on my radar, and for my current sourness over having missed it. nnnn

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I had no interest in any of the discontinued blends, so there was no loss for me there. As far as the other blends go, I understand people’s desire to grab them now while they are still available. Who knows if quality will actually go downhill. Better to get what your interested in now and not chance getting a lesser version down the road.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I rarely get the Va/Oriental itch so I skipped out on this one. Trying to save up to pick up a few of the Cringle Flakes when the drop happens later this month. I usually prefer straight VA or VA/per blends. Been seriously cutting back on my tobacco buying but it's still a practice in self-restraint to not pick up more tobacco every time there is a drop.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Would have liked to get 8oz. I'm not sure how I missed it as I was actually checking the status every 20-30mins or so. It sold out quick! If anyone wants to trade a 1 or 2oz sample for something that I might have, let me know.

Edit: It would sure be nice if they made a few more pounds of these limited batches when they're selling out in 20mins. I understand that scarcity sells right now, but it seems like they could have sold a lot more and it would have taken an hour instead of 20mins...

Alas - if it is available for more than 24 hours it gets labeled a non-limited release and is forever shunned by the pipe smoking community forever!

Also - I blame @jiminks for even putting this on my radar, and for my current sourness over having missed it. nnnn
Awww, go fry an egg!!!!!! nnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.