PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JohnnyRockets

Lurker
Sep 1, 2022
Tecumseh, Michigan
Hi all,

I know, such a loaded question, with so many potential answers! Sorry!

I'm looking for something where I could keep like 1-2 pounds (of small packages) total of pipe tobacco fresh while I'm learning what I like.

Right now, my tobacco is in baggies in a tote... not exactly ideal I'm sure.

But is there a good way to not break the bank, but be able to store a bit of tobacco cheaply, the correct way?

I'm not at all opposed to spending more money eventually, but it's a bit early for that in my "pipe journey"! ;)

Thanks!

JR

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
There is a great storing your tobacco in the beginner's section as a matter of fact there are a lot of great threads already there you can read on all of these subjects.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In this picture below you will see some opaque plastic tubs with white tops. I keep all my open tins in there at all times. I usually have 20-25 tins open at once and my tobacco never dries out. I once found a tin of 8 year old Peterson University flake at the bottom of one of these tub and the tobacco was perfect to smoke. I usually smoke an open tin in a few weeks to a couple of months.

I bought these containers at Walmart. They came in a pack of 4 different sizes for a whole 6 bucks. Best investment yet.

Reactions: clynch

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
If you don't want to spend on mason jars you can basically get things for free from take out food places will work provided you keep it out of direct sunlight.

RudyH

Might Stick Around
Sep 1, 2022
Wisconsin
There are a lot of well sealed air-tight plastic boxes available at home goods stores. They have gaskets and snap-top lids. They are not expensive. Boveda makes 60 gram humidity control packs. I prefer the 72% pack, others like lower humidity, 65% for pipe tobacco. The packs last several months in a relatively crowded box that is well sealed.

Reactions: yanoJL