Similar Blends to Rattray's Dark Fragrant?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just finished a bowl of Rattray's Dark Fragrant which I was able to snag one tin of several months ago. Been in the jar about 3 weeks now and the flavours have opened up nicely. Very tasty fruity and toasty smoke, quite satisfying.

Wondering if anyone could recommend something similar that's a little more readily available (bulk would be ideal).

Throw your ideas/opinions out there gents!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
This one kind of reminds me of some McClelland’s dark VA offerings but alas they are no longer around. I don’t necessarily think they are similar but if you like this I think you may like McConnell’s Mature.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Just finished a bowl of Rattray's Dark Fragrant which I was able to snag one tin of several months ago. Been in the jar about 3 weeks now and the flavours have opened up nicely. Very tasty fruity and toasty smoke, quite satisfying.

Wondering if anyone could recommend something similar that's a little more readily available (bulk would be ideal).

McConnell Rich Dark Virginia
Esoterica Blackpool
Sutliff 507-S

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.

The presentation is different but the taste is very similar - Dunhill's Three Year Matured. I don't know whether it is still being produced under the Peterson's name, but the two blends do have very similar taste.

Reactions: dmcmtk and hawky454

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The presentation is different but the taste is very similar - Dunhill's Three Year Matured. I don't know whether it is still being produced under the Peterson's name, but the two blends do have very similar taste.
I have a friend that I got into pipe smoking recently and he has a jar of this I will ask him if I can give it a try thanks Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.