PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
All of us have favourite pipes. I understood my favourite pipes have some common features: design, smoking quality, comfort and convenience.

The first I'm showing is a Stanwell Royal Rouge 190
9lwOf8E.jpg

It is a not expensive, rather light pipe. The design (from Tom Eltang) is classic with a touch of originality in the hexagonal shank and stem. The balance is perfect.
Then there is a Peterson Kapries XL02
HkfFFIb.jpg

Every kind of tobacco smokes good. The army mounted stem can be easily removed to take off moisture while smoking.
Next is a Chacom Volcano
60tChpg.jpg

The design, better than in pictures, is modern and original. I can load a good quantity of tobacco and smoke with no care till the end.
This one is bamboo with briar bowl made by myself
Oyxqec7.jpg

It is a light pipe, extraordinary with Kentucky.
Last is this basket pipe I just stained and polished
IHe9DcY.jpg

I like the shape and comfort. I employ it just for Virginia since it enhance this tobacco qualities.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nifty group. I really like your bamboo original. The basket pipe looks like a great cooker. Commending lower priced pipes is often met with stony silence, but you can pull great smokers and some striking looking pipes out of that basket. Not every prize is a Dunhill.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
My favorite that I always turn to is the Peterson 107 billiard, in a number of different models: the Irish Harp (2), the Dracula (3), a Rosslare. For some reason, the 107 strikes me as the perfect shape, and has a fulsome chamber and Peterson's trademark thick shank and stem.

002-029-215601.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Have yet to be disappointed when firing up one of my Weavers.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/19264

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I call it my beater pipe. The comfort pipe I don't worry about cleaning or condition. Currently it's this Canadian.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Is there a country of origin stamped on the basket pipe? My local sells a line of baskets stamped only CZECH in very small letters, and damn, do they smoke well!

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Aldecaker:
No stamp at all. My first basket pipe, traded by the same company, was stamped "made in Italy". Afterwards I found just without stamps. Anyway, always well manufactured and with nice briar.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
IMG_3622_zpsw0fqm0mm.jpg

A little nose warmer cutty that weights in at under an oz so is incredibly easy to clench.
blakemar_zpscmsqjliv.jpg

Yet another smaller pipe, again under an oz. A quick smoking pipe, a bowl lasts 30-40 minutes. This pipe loves Rattray's Red Rapparee
Lastly, a relatively new pipe, and yet another nose warmer that comes in under an oz. Anybody spot the theme?
IMG_0852_zpsenjascib.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.