PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NEmery

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
Beaufort, SC
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

20200304_133614.jpg

I didn't see an active Mr Brog post, so I will start a new one.

I picked this thing up the other day because I wanted a green pipe and didn't want to pay a lot of money for one. It is a No 51 Amigo and I have only smoked 2 half bowls in it thus far(first was GLP Spark Plug, and today an aro blend).

Seems to smoke pretty nicely for a new pipe that was under $30.

Last edited by a moderator:

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I have three. To each their own. To me, they are as cheap as you can get, and I don't smoke them anymore. The bits are hard to get past. The pear is fine, but the colored stain really discolors over time.

I'd rather have a cob, a $40 Bones, a $60 ropp, or ideally a $100 Tekin meerschaum that just goes and goes. I just grab the same pipe over and over, with no concern for ghosting or souring... Had I done that sooner, I'd have a lot less pipes. I just needed to find a smaller meerschaum in a classic smooth shape.

Jan 27, 2020
I have three. To each their own. To me, they are as cheap as you can get, and I don't smoke them anymore. The bits are hard to get past. The pear is fine, but the colored stain really discolors over time.

I'd rather have a cob, a $40 Bones, a $60 ropp, or ideally a $100 Tekin meerschaum that just goes and goes. I just grab the same pipe over and over, with no concern for ghosting or souring... Had I done that sooner, I'd have a lot less pipes. I just needed to find a smaller meerschaum in a classic smooth shape.

Good to know. I have a cheap Molina which I am happy with.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA

I bought one several years ago. Burnt through in a matter of weeks.

I have several Bones pipes... Rock solid smokers.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I read somewhere that Mr Brog had quite a few quality issues, which is why Mr Balandis left them. Personally, I wouldn't buy a Brog pipe.

Reactions: BROBS

NEmery

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
Beaufort, SC
I read somewhere that Mr Brog had quite a few quality issues, which is why Mr Balandis left them. Personally, I wouldn't buy a Brog pipe.

Too bad the Balandis pipes have a $65-70 shipping charge to the states

Reactions: BROBS