PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
It's not my most expensive or best looking pipe by a longshot, however, it sure is the most reliable when it comes to delivering a good smoke. It was my first briar and has been smoked way more than any other pipe in my collection. This makes me wonder if the number of bowls smoked in a pipe could be a major factor in the depth of flavor that it delivers.

Savinelli Tortuga 673

I have lots of pipes that I love, love to smoke, and enjoy thoroughly, but this one is strawberry briar, which adds less aroma to the smoke than traditional briar. The drilling is spot on. The tall narrow cone-shaped chamber gives me the smoking properties that I enjoy the most for Virginias. And, the button and draft are perfect down to the micro-details that Beckers are known for.

This pipe, I can set down into the pipe rest in my truck, fill the gas tank, pay, get back in, and I can count on it coming back to life with just a few gentle puffs and continue smoking without relighting.

It's my magic pipe. puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It sounds smart ass, but my favorite is often the one I'm smoking. That is to say, a lot depends on time and circumstance. It's easy to nominate my Ser Jacopo, with its serpentine shank and stem and terrific blast finish, and excellent wide bit and open but focused draw. I've had superlative smokes out of my Yello-Bole and Kaywoodie as well, and many other various pipes. I'd have stopped buying pipes long ago if so many of them weren't fine smokers.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Aesthetics is part of it, it is one of our senses and plays a part in the pipe smoking experience whether you want to believe it or not. I have a number of favorites but a couple stand out.

This Rad Davis smokes incredible but every Read I have smokes great. His drills and stem work are superb.

I have five Jose Rubio pipes that all smoke great. His workmanship and attention to detail is superb.

This Larrysson pipe smokes so cool you wonder if it is lit. Paul apparently has access to great briar.

Finally, Ryan Alden pipes are fantastic smokers. This may very well be my absolute best smoking pipe. You can tell Ryan spent time with Rad Davis.

I have to add one of Paul's son Isaac's pipes. Must use Dad's briar. Amazing for a 14 year old.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My second "real" pipe purchase and my first from my B&M was this Viking Classic Dublin.

It has become my preferred VA flake smoker. It does well with ODF and Lakelands, also.

As a noob with overzealous cleaning techniques, I managed to strip away some finish on the back edge of the rim, so I've allowed the crud to overtake that area to keep it protected... puffy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have lots of pipes that I love, love to smoke, and enjoy thoroughly, but this one is strawberry briar, which adds less aroma to the smoke than traditional briar. The drilling is spot on. The tall narrow cone-shaped chamber gives me the smoking properties that I enjoy the most for Virginias. And, the button and draft are perfect down to the micro-details that Beckers are known for.

This pipe, I can set down into the pipe rest in my truck, fill the gas tank, pay, get back in, and I can count on it coming back to life with just a few gentle puffs and continue smoking without relighting.

It's my magic pipe. puffy

View attachment 15854
Ohhhh that's a beauty! I would do bad bad things with that pipe! That's also why I don't buy nice pipes ...bahahaha