Show Us Your Blatter & Blatter Pipes Here!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dusk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2019
Undah Da Sea
Here's my B&B Canadian:

This pipe is a favorite that I smoke regularly.

I did a little write up over here:
Canadian Pipe by Blatter & Blatter Montréal (with pics) :: Pipe Talk - http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/canadian-pipe-by-blatter-blatter-montr%C3%A9al-with-pics.72008/

The pages aren’t complete by any stretch, no, but it’s the best we’ve got for those not in Montreal.
Yep, the web design is straight out of 1990s but I believe it is still maintained. The pics don't do the pipes justice as the colors are off but the prices listed are accurate.

If you order from B&B from the U.S., are there customs hassles? I like the pipes, but dread paying that much again for crossing the border.

If you email them with your concerns, they should be able to help you out there. Unless your invoice is somewhere in the thousands I wouldn't expect any surprises at the border.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
If you email them with your concerns, they should be able to help you out there. Unless your invoice is somewhere in the thousands I wouldn't expect any surprises at the border.
Methinks he's probably more concerned about the FDA holding the parcel.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'm glad Dusk posted, because it was his post that gave me a hard-on for a Blatter Canadian. To me, that is just a classic and elegant looking pipe for a super reasonable price. If I end up with any money left over after X-mas, I might be able to buy one.

Reactions: Mtlpiper and Casual

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
I called in to Blatter & Blatter today and rushed off some pics (sorry they're a bit blurry) but I figured you guys might like to see what is currently on offer.

I asked and they have no problem shipping pipes to the USA or internationally. Unfortunately due to QC law on tobacco-related products they can't advertise prices.

See the pics below; I'm probably going to pick up a small churchwarden when I'm next in, as they were only 65CAD. The regular to large pipes are around $95 to a little over a hundred. The hand made pipes go from 250 to over 300CAD. Still very reasonable.

Tins they had on display were Escudo, Various Dunhill tins (old stock) and some Solani. They had HH Burley and Old Dark Fired. Also lots of 25g tins or Sam Gawith stuff. I picked up some of their Danish Slices and cleaners/tools, so no pipes today - next time ;-) - some of the two spot pipes were really nice.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Capital!

I'd like to know what they mean by 'hand made'. Aren't all their pipes made right there in their shop? That would make them ALL 'hand made', woudn't it?

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Capital!

I'd like to know what they mean by 'hand made'. Aren't all their pipes made right there in their shop? That would make them ALL 'hand made', woudn't it?
I asked - they just mean that it's a higher grade of briar used on those pipes with better grain character. They tend to get inspired by various other shapes - lots of Danish influence. The bowls on those are also generally larger. The last 3 pics are of those pipes.

Reactions: olkofri

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I asked - they just mean that it's a higher grade of briar used on those pipes with better grain character. They tend to get inspired by various other shapes - lots of Danish influence. The bowls on those are also generally larger. The last 3 pics are of those pipes.
Oh, I see. Kind of their version of/term for 'freehand'.

Man, now I really wanna visit Montreal.

Reactions: Casual

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
I’m not sure if I’m going to be keeping all of these. Most are going to new homes at some point so I best document them here before they leave

Here’s a chubby tomato that’s up for the polishing/ buffing wheel tomorrow. 12081

Here’s a chubby sliced tomato - unrestored

Here’s very tall straight bulldog - unrestored

Reactions: Mtlpiper

tomnernas2ndson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Nebraska