PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
This marks a couple of firsts, first ALTINAY, first army mount, and first meer touted as “translucent”. We’ll see how it goes, but, from what I can see, it seems to be a quality piece. Love how the pipe looks, from the stem shape to the slightly bent bowl. It’s light, but has a lovely little weight to it. Under bright light, I can make out a pattern of speckles and blots that I hope lead to an interesting coloration. As it seems a a good few people are interested in how ALTINAY’s “translucent” pipes color up, I’ll take pictures every so often. This most likely will become my daily pipe, and most probably my last of the year, as it was quite expensive for my usual tastes.
On another note, I’ve been smoking just one meer for almost two weeks now, and I’ve been in heaven, so, who knows, I might join a certain moderator in his quest to smoke just one meer for a year. Could be fun.

Attachments

• CB95A565-199B-4842-9794-6E5F294AC900.jpeg
    CB95A565-199B-4842-9794-6E5F294AC900.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 31

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
WrIglkxl.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Here is my IMP smooth Apple. I can appreciate carved pieces that are really well done, but for me I like the smooth.

I have smoked this pipe about 4 times. The stem sucks, the pipe smokes hot. It doesn't compare to any of my artisan pipes that are broken in and have a nice layer of cake.

The IMP has a good system for removing the stem. I wish I liked it more as it is a good looking pipe that fits my taste in pipes. I am going to sell it in the next batch of pipes I am getting rid of. I thought it would be a nice smoker. For some people it would be really nice as most people are not as anal about their stems as I am.

Here is the pipe.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Here is my IMP smooth Apple. I can appreciate carved pieces that are really well done, but for me I like the smooth.

I have smoked this pipe about 4 times. The stem sucks, the pipe smokes hot. It doesn't compare to any of my artisan pipes that are broken in and have a nice layer of cake.

The IMP has a good system for removing the stem. I wish I liked it more as it is a good looking pipe that fits my taste in pipes. I am going to sell it in the next batch of pipes I am getting rid of. I thought it would be a nice smoker. For some people it would be really nice as most people are not as anal about their stems as I am.

Here is the pipe.
Altinay does good stem work. I have 6 of them now and I'm happy with the stems on all but one...and even that one is ok for me, just not as good as the others. But whether they would meet your stem standards I couldn't say. I have a lot more tolerance for less than perfect stems since I started using dry vinyl tape on them.