PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
My collection has grown slowly but methodically.

From Top left.
Meer bowled Falcon
Gourd calabash
1920’s billiard with amber stem
Kaywoodie Meer with amberoid stem
Large billiard

Top right.
Tekin bent billiard
Storient LVC
Very old 1900’s Bent Rhodesian fully colored from smoking. With Redmadol stem, round orifice and bone tenon.View attachment 12684
Whoa! I thought that Rhodesian was actually a briar! ?

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
Thats a meer, i have a vintagr meer that is similar color. Lord knows how many lifetimes of conversations and memories that pipe was part of.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I thought i was doing well not buying a pipe in over a year... i purchased 4 this month ???
At three so far.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
He is one of my favorite daily burners. If you go back a page I think Weezell posted a couple of pictures of some of my 'cutty' pipes and this pipe is shown in the group photograph before it had lord knows how much plug tobacco conveyer belted into it by yours truly turning the pipe a rather pleasing shade of shit color! I took the picture with my glasses next to it to give you some idea of scale. The hallmarks are turn of the century. I did look them up recently but I cannot remember the dates but I think it was 1900 - it has an anchor, lion and the letter 'a' so I am sure someone will chime in and tell me the date. As a bonus I manage to post a picture today without my credit card attached to it for the whole world to see! rotf

IMG_0273.JPG

Last edited:

rdpowell

Might Stick Around
Oct 25, 2017
East Texas
rdpipes.briar.club
I have a few Meers left, some I smoke from time to time but, some just never see any action. Sadly a lot I sold off.
Some I haven't photos of sadly yet. But, here are a few that I do have photos of.
Screaming Indian2.JPG
Screaming IndianDSC04427.JPG
Orlik Calabash (sold)DSC04671.JPG
Lady Meer (sold)DSC04685.JPG
William Harrison Sterling 1911 (sold)
DSC04478.JPG
Unknown (sold)DSC04586.JPG
Louis Adler 9CT Gold cap and band 1804 (sold)

Vercingetox Meer 1.JPG
Vercingetorix the Gall,

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome, Turner, from the Central Coast of California!

I believe that lovely meer is a cheroot holder.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.