PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been wanting this tattoo for a long time, I finally went and did it. My favorite band is Yes. My favorite Yes album is Close To The Edge, my favorite song is Close To The Edge. If you have never listened to it, check it out on YouTube. I would recommend listening to the studio version. In my opinion Yes is the greatest Progressive rock band ever. They are virtuoso musicians and I have not found a band that has better. The song is about 18.5 minutes long, it is more like classical music with all the different changes that happen in the song. If you feel like it read a few reviews on the album and song.
The artist that did their best album covers is man named John Dean, I love his work even the stuff not on album covers is totally cool, check him out http://www.rogerdean.com/.
So here is my latest tattoo, It is the Close to the Ede part of the album cover as I left off the Yes logo at the bottom. I am think of working my sisters name and date of her death in it some how as it was one of her favorite songs.
I am having trouble making the top part bigger so if anyone can do that I would appreciate it. I have my guy start with a darker teal at the halfway mark and then get light towards the top. Let me know if you like it, and lets see some of your tattoo's.
images_zpsfcjexv1g.jpg

when my daughter comes over next I will have her take a pic of my arm. I had it out in the inside of my right forum and it goes from the joint of my elbow all the way down to the bottom of my wrist.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I am a bass player. I KNEW I was a bass player when I could play "Heart of the Sunrise", and incidentally "What's going on" by Marvin Gaye.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jeff, Heart of the Sunrise is some seriously kick ass base lines. I was totally bummed when Chris Squire died. In my mind he was the greatest base player of all time. He was absolute genius as are all Yes musicians.
peck, I was thinking of putting it on my dick but after measuring my for arm , it would have only reached half way down my dick.

Tramp stamps aren't my thing, too many surgical scars that would make it look lousy.

Dec 24, 2012
Well, I won't tell you where my tattoo (note the proper spelling) is located.
All I will say is that it consists of gigantic letters and sometimes it says "Swan" and at other times it says "Saskatchewan".

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
ok peck, yours is bigger than mine. I will be content using a sheath to tie mine around my thigh. If you want yours strapped to your ankle, good luck getting a normal chick to look at it.
You also realize chicks like girth like mine, not a pencil neck like your.

Dec 24, 2012
By the way, I dated a chick once who had a W tattooed on each of her ass cheeks. I wasn't a huge fan of the tattoos, but when she bent over, WoW.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I don't know where it came from, but I have one on my nutsack that says, "Made Of The Finest Corinthian Leather."

Status
Not open for further replies.