PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Okay @Briar Lee - I need clarification! I’m sitting on three categories - ordered in 2022, paid for but will be delivered in 2023; ordered in 2022, not yet paid for and will be delivered in 2023, and ordered in 2023, paid for and will be delivered in 2023. Is “purchase” just whichever pipe wins the race to my house? Does money have to change hands in 2023? What is your ruling? 😉✌️

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Okay @Briar Lee - I need clarification! I’m sitting on three categories - ordered in 2022, paid for but will be delivered in 2023; ordered in 2022, not yet paid for and will be delivered in 2023, and ordered in 2023, paid for and will be delivered in 2023. Is “purchase” just whichever pipe wins the race to my house? Does money have to change hands in 2023? What is your ruling? 😉✌️
First ordered, or first arrived.

First new pipe of the year, you call it.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Found a great deal on prior briar, this is the last pipe I’ll buy till this time next year, I swear! It’s on layaway, only 100 made, got number 43

Radice Smooth Rubens Rhodesian with Silver (Pease/DiPiazza)​

View attachment 192180
I will add, I saw number 40 listed on another site for twice what I paid for this. Priorbriar is a great resource!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Gorgeous.
It is slightly more vibrant in this photo than in natural light, but only slightly - really well done, IMO. Interesting was the bowl coating is “permanent”. Usually, I wipe them out with a wet paper towel and the coatings come out easily and goopy and black. This must be one they did right or with a different kind of coating than I’ve encountered. Not a smudge on the paper towel so I’m pretty confident it won’t be an issue with using the pipe. I’ll know soon!

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
It is slightly more vibrant in this photo than in natural light, but only slightly - really well done, IMO. Interesting was the bowl coating is “permanent”. Usually, I wipe them out with a wet paper towel and the coatings come out easily and goopy and black. This must be one they did right or with a different kind of coating than I’ve encountered. Not a smudge on the paper towel so I’m pretty confident it won’t be an issue with using the pipe. I’ll know soon!
Ive got an Arklow bulldog that has a red stain and the inside of the bowl was red also. I used pipe sweetner and paper towels to get it out.