PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I expect I'm not the only one here who got a pipe for Father's Day. Here's mine (I'll admit I laid down some heavy hints): my second Northern Briars, this one a Rox Cut Regal straight Dublin, group 3. I've been eye-balling it a long time. It's got wonderfully weird proportions and smokes with real style.

Had a perfect first smoke with some Skiff Mixture this a.m. So nice that I had another one after lunch, but for some reason the Red Rapparee was tasting foul and ashy so I chased that with a small amount of Exotique Mixture, which was a nice palate cleanser.

Happy Father's Day, everyone!
(photos are from the seller)

northern_briars_rox_cut_dublin-group-3_3-600x600.jpg

northern_briars_rox_cut_dublin-group-3_1-600x600.jpg

northern_briars_rox_cut_dublin-group-3_2-600x600.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
pipesandcigars.com has a good Fathers Day sale on pipes, and I think it goes through today. Some nice ways for hard-working dads to reward themselves if their families have chosen other kinds of gifts. The Stanwell black and white pipes, with two stems included, for $39.99 caught my eye. Also check to see if they still have free shipping for orders over $49.99 and throw in a blend you enjoy. Happy Fathers Day, and fond memories of our "old men" and all they did for us. Some of these Stanwells have 9mm filters, others don't, so make sure you get what you want.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
A few days ago I got a nice old L.J. Peretti Virgin Deluxe, and it reminded me I needed to get some more of their tobacco. Not a whole lot, but enough to add to what I've got that will last awhile. Tried a few new blends too, but my favorites are Tashkent and Cuban Mixture. Please pardon this crappy shot on my grubby work bench. Anyway, me, this pipe, some of this tobacco, along with some good scotch are going to enjoy fathers day!
fullsizeoutput_21d3-600x332.jpg

jfred

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Some very good looking pipes here. I've been looking at Rox Cut Regals myself, and that dublin looks great.

Nice grain on that Neerup!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A partially rusticated eggfish with an antler shank accent from J. Everett Pipes.
20190616_185444.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.