PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Ed you are more than welcome. I hope the Dunhill Shellbriar serves you well, and you get many years of enjoyment from it.

I thank you for fixing up my Dunhill RootBriar Rhodesian pipe that I cannot wait to have a lovely bowl of tobacco from.

Enjoy my friend

dunhill-rhodesian-1554-rootbriar-pipe-pic1-600x450.jpg

dunhill-rhodesian-1554-rootbriar-pipe-pic2-600x450.jpg

This is the Dunhill Pipe that Ed restored for me.

Beautiful work. !!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: orlandofurioso

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Hopefully it will make it's way home soon Astrid! It's been about 10 days.PO says 7-10 days for priority mail to Canada. Guess they lied!

timely

Jan 23, 2012
The Postal Service on both sides of the border can be quite frustrating at times.

I'm hoping it will be here by Friday. Can't wait.

Thank you again my friend.

grayzhu

Lurker
Jul 13, 2013
foggymountain: That one is the only wrong choice of all my Dunhill pipes. I don't like it. quite difficult to describe.

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
I have two Dunhills.
1969 Shell Briar EP Group 4 Canadian

IMG_7350_zpsfa967682.jpg

2012 Shell Briar 3102

IMG_7677_zpsc43f2219.jpg

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Six, or anyone are those Bing's worth it, I've been contemplating them for a while and I still see that they are sold a Cup o Joes.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Just got this Dunhill on the estate sale at Smokingpipes.com. Dunhill Shell Briar (6101) (2000). This is my first one, but won't be my last.
004-002-7303.jpg

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Those are all beautiful pipes! I have not had the pleasure of even smoking threw such a pipe. I have wanted to ask for one for Christmas are birthday for years. But with government pay and me looking over to see my 4 beautiful girls and all there wants and needs it seems that ill never get one. I have tried to pick them up on the Bay but they just sore way beyond my price point. Maybe one day. Love looking though so please post more pics.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Six, or anyone are those Bing's worth it, I've been contemplating them for a while and I still see that they are sold a Cup o Joes.
There have been many discussions on whether or not Dunhills are worth the extra dough. I feel that if you can afford it, usually the answer is yes. That said, they have hits and misses just like other brands, but you're more likely to get a winner than a dud.
Still, if the cost makes you think twice, then I'd stick with a Sav or Stanwell, which represent much better values when it comes to simply enjoying a pipe.

tsangtino

Lurker
Sep 8, 2013
gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

Pagoda 2008

Battle of Britain 2009

Battle of Trafalgar 2002

Ghost of Christmas Future 2010

Amber Flame DR 3 Flame

Root Briar 2 Star
All smoked - and they are all beautiful - Have not had any problems with any of the Dunhill pipes (or tobaccos!)
Does anyone know where if Dunhill still makes Meerchaums? Or where I can purchase a Meerschaum Dunhill?

Reactions: Homer

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Folks
You have shared beautiful pipes with us.
There is just something about having/smoking a Dunhill. Maybe its psychological. I love mine.

May 31, 2012
tsangtino - that's an amazing collection you got there! Thanks for sharing.
As for the meer, I think they're fairly rare, but a few have popped up lately,

keep an eye open and it'll get in your line of sight someday soon...
DUNHILL BLOCK MEERSCHAUM BILLIARD PIPE ** max. ×5-10 TIMES USED ** ULTRA RARE
PIPE DUNHILL MEERSCHAUM PIPE - 1985/90 - EXTREMELY RARE
...also pretty interesting is this meer-lined shell:

Dunhill Meerschaum Lined Shell Briar (126 F/T) (3S) (1965)

I only have one good Dunhill thus far, but it has convinced me that I'd like to have a few more for sure. I used to pay no mind to Dunhills or the mania they induce, but now I'm in the grips of White-Spot Fever, I'm afraid. I'm glad I took the plunge on a Dunnie, it has rewarded me greatly.
Mine is a 1962 Shell 252

4iESs6m.jpg

tsangtino

Lurker
Sep 8, 2013
Thanks misterlowercase!

I hope to get my hands on a Meer soon

I love your pipe! There's something about the vintage shells.
Here are more pictures from my collection
I just picked up the set of Dunhill 2 Flame pipes (a Panel and a freehand - carved by Colin Fromm) - it was a one-off for the NYC store.
gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

gs-photo.php

Aug 1, 2012
Dang those are beautiful tsangtino. I have a couple to go off to Norwoods soon. One for a tenon replacement and the other for the bit of restoration that proved too much for me. They'll be posted when they get back. The only other one I have does not deserve to be posted here as it is absolutely trashed...a near burnout and a couple internal cracks that are slowly being built up with fireplace mortar.

tsangtino

Lurker
Sep 8, 2013
Thanks Captain.
Please post any Dunhills you have!

Even the burnouts and cracked ones. They 're all nice - especially vintage pipes that are damaged - which tells their own story.
I have a burned out one as well which I have encased and displayed in my workplace - greatest work of art ever!!