PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
ejames wrote:
Since you have a bent and a straight Viking you need to find a Viking Jr. Small version of the straight Vikings--very hard to find though
Well, it took seven months to find one, but mission accomplished!
Here's Junior next to a big brother for comparison:
Viking%20Jr_zpscwxca9c9.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
davet, I think you would like the bent Viking. It's my favorite.
Ted over at the Dr Grabow forums wrote that the Juniors were only made for a year or so before being discontinued due to poor sales.
3%20vikings_zpsh8yjmhql.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like seagullplayer's rusticated/carved Royalton. If you are buying new, I think it is worth considering spending a few bucks more for Royaltons. I have a bulldog, but smooth, and what they sell as an apple that looks more to me like a prince with a shorter bowl. The Royalton has a very comfortable acrylic stem and I think the shaping on my bulldog is more crafted than most factory pipes, even up-market pipes. I sense that the Dr. Grabow pipe makers take a real pride in the product and are mostly pipe smokers themselves, up there in Sparta, N.C. Don't let the low price deceive you; these are good little pipes. Many like to smoke them without the filters, but if you like a slightly tighter draw than you get that way, an adapter such as the 6 mm Savinelli will do the job nicely. If you need a good briar pipe at a strikingly fair price, a Dr. Grabow Royalton will do the job.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
davet,love that Linkmans--one of my favorite Linkman shapes !
Scrooge--beautiful Westbrook !!

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
I had no idea there were that many variations by Grabow. I've only ever seen one straight pipe and the bent omega I have.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Here's one of my favorite additions to the Grabow collection. I was excited to get ahold of this one. The seldom seen Continental #25. I'm working on getting all 12 Continental shapes. This makes number 8 of the 12.
Dr Grabow Starfire Continental #25
OpNfUwRl.jpg

jQW9Z9Yl.jpg

qEAQT2Sl.jpg

Reactions: ianmv3612

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well now I know what Continental Pipes means. Classy odd shapes. By the way Great pipe. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.