Show Off Your Christmas Pipes Here!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

As the old threads have been closed for the same topic. Starting a new one with the hopes this one isnt closed by the Forum Overlords.

Here are my Christmas Pipes.

Peterson Christmas 2014 B35
BKWPZQP.jpg

Peterson Christmas 2015 999
4PQjP0d.jpg

Peterson Christmas 2016 XL90
Cqht2Pq.jpg

Peterson Christmas 2017 X220
5Rv3TIA.jpg

Peterson Christmas 2018 606
7bbGCtH.jpg

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Never could figure out why is one pipe is a Xmas pipe and another not.

You’ve made similar comments in other threads, including not liking holiday pipes unless it screams at you, or something to that effect...

Generally holiday pipes use monikers, seasonal colors, engravings, carvings, etc., that are relatable to Christmas. I’d say that the above Altinok Santa Claus meerschaum “screams” Christmas, while some are more subtle. What makes a Fraser fir a Christmas tree? Add some tinsel, bulbs, and lights and voila. Good news for pipe companies... others have figured it out ?

Reactions: anotherbob

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What makes a Christmas pipe?
A pipe carver.

Never could figure out why is one pipe is a Xmas pipe and another not.
It's bought to be first smoked on Christmas day, or to be given as a Christmas gift.

Here are my Christmas Pipes.

Here's one carved for me by Bruce Weaver in 2016 that had eight months of funny threads leading up to Christmas. The stem is bakelite from the 1920s adorned with a band of ivory with a matching tamper.

20180519_164612-2.jpg

This one was carved by J.Everett last year when I asked him to make me the pipe Santa would smoke after his deliveries. It stem is three piece consisting of cumberland, white juma, and black ebonite that is mirrored on the shank accent and capped with deer antler. It's accompanied by a matching stem.

20201007_171454.jpg