Show Off Your Caption Contest Prizes Here!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
While I haven't gotten the chance to get my picture wearing the shirt....here's what I received for the November 2015 Caption Contest. Thanks to the sponsors and pipesmagazine.com for putting it together! Christmas came early as the same day my Savinelli Saint Nicholas 703KS arrived the same day. Also, a couple of pictures experiencing Cornell & Diehl Five O'Clock Shadow.
Caption Contest Winners November
IMG_0082_zpsrqvpgysv.jpg

Smoking Five O'Clock Shadow, from the time I started...five o'clock of course, the view just kept getting better. Smoking out of a Dr. Grabow Sculptura.
IMG_0040_zpsezqfwctr.jpg

IMG_0060_zpsipvzrnfe.jpg

The Savinelli that arrived. I thought I would include as they sponsored even though it wasn't part of the prizes won.
IMG_0013_zpsyvkuxh6n.jpg

Thanks again! Would love to see what others won, so post it here!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Nice Tyler! Congrats on the cool prizes! Now lets talk about your beard... I'm really diggin it! Much better than my little grey scraggly one.
A few months ago I won a nice little Rossi apple shape and a Savinelli T-shirt that my wife got as it was a little small for me. It was my first Rossi pipe and I'm impressed, it's a well made pipe and a great smoker. I keep looking at the Rossi 320, very reasonable and no filter.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I love my ol' scraggly beard. It's a year old as last fall I had to cut it short for court...and didn't even go in -_- So, it's been vowed off of any cutting, trimming or anything. Natural growth, can't wait until the 5 year mark to see where it's at. Luckily, with that shirt...I have a back up beard :D

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
That's a year worth of growth?? Good lord man, what's in the water out there???? :rofl:

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
My biggest beard problem is the mustache. Part of it, I used to trim over my mouth...Decided to grow it...painfully annoying. If it doesn't straighten up, it will have to be the one part trimmed. Too many bows, rubber bands, and various styles by a 4 year old girl make it perfect though :D Someone should start a show off your beard thread. Surprised no other caption contest winners posted here.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Surprised no other caption contest winners posted here.
It was last year but here's my prize ... a Rossi Napoli 601 (Rossi Rubino Canadian underneath it):
img_20150204_150936-600x513.jpg

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
U3e8cg1.jpg

I experienced a total score here. By the graces of Kevin and the other contest judges, and the patience of Smoking Pipes, I received today prizes from two contests. In December 2015 I won a tshirt and two tins of exciting tobacco. In February 2016, I was fortunate to score a second place prize of a lovely Savinelli pipe and tshirt. Owing to glitches in the postal system, the first prize was delayed until today, when the staff at Smoking Pipes re-sent it along with the newer prize, at their expense. As you can see, this is a heck of a beautiful pipe with (I bench tested it) a great draw.
But wait, there's more.
aQb8yCr.jpg

Cosmic of Cosmic Folklore Studios heard my query about Dark Flake and answered it with a most generous sample! Since this is likely my only chance for some time to sample it, and it smells delicious, that was quite the act of kindness. In addition, Steve (Dawning, Nothing Left) from No God Only Pain sent their most recent disc as well. What a day at the mailbox!
Thank you to all. To Kevin and team for the contest, to Smoking Pipes for their willingness to work around the postal follies, to Steve for the "roadhouse dark metal" and to Cosmic for the gracious sample.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010

Here are the three tins I won a while back. I enjoy the Autumn Evening. Learning the Briar Fox and haven't tried the other tin yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.