PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
A trio of Ruger pistols for me.

SP101 357, I polished it and removed the billboard.

View attachment 38090

A MKII .22 that I've owned since 1980. It's a lot of fun. (once a few internals were polished)

View attachment 38091

For travel, a LCP Custom.
Can’t see the last pic?
That polish job looks nice!
I installed shims in my wife’s SP101 and polished all internals. It’s like butter now. ?

Reactions: kurtbob
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
A bit on topic, has anyone else noticed a real ammunition shortage. Every store that I go to, the shelves are empty. I checked online and it seems everything is out of stock. Does anyone know a good website for about 1000 RDS of 9mm? Or if anyone just wants to send me some, that'd be good too. ?
Yeah. They’re wiped out down here, too. Reloading supplies are still on the shelves though, so I’m good. The only things I don’t reload are 9mm (just as cheap to buy loaded ammo) and .22 lr (for obvious reasons), and I am stocked well enough on those.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Every election cycle and public threat or crisis now causes a run on ammo supplies.

We had a relatively long period of relaxed social anxiety and ammo availability just prior to the health threat in January.

That's when everyone should have been stocking up. It's no different than the tobacco cellar. Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep.

Between tobacco and ammo, I'm worried about one corner of my house giving out... :col:

1596415168158.png

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Springfield Range Officer Made in USA .45 with every part upgraded by me besides the barrel and frame/slide. It’s a goddamn tack driver.
View attachment 38096
View attachment 38097

A friend has a RO in 9mm, solid shooter. IMHO, one of the best bargains in an 1911 platform. Crisp trigger, solid upgrades, all as from Springfield.
Have an early Kimber Custom 1 (similar to a Colt series 70). Only thing I changed

Reactions: Bengel and kurtbob

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
I like the "lost them in a boating accident" line myself.

Don't have any photos to share, but my EDC is a Browning 1911-380. Great little firearm that's smooth as butter and very accurate.

Also have and keep a Remington R1 (45 ACP) and a GSG 1911 22LR for plinking. Wife has a S&W SD9VE. A Walther PPK/S is also on the "to get" list.

Yes, I like the classics :) ... although, I have been pining for the new Walther Q4 steel frame - tried one locally and it's a dream (albeit a heavy one).

Wifesbain

Might Stick Around
Jul 28, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
Every election cycle and public threat or crisis now causes a run on ammo supplies.

We had a relatively long period of relaxed social anxiety and ammo availability just prior to the health threat in January.

That's when everyone should have been stocking up. It's no different than the tobacco cellar. Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep.

Between tobacco and ammo, I'm worried about one corner of my house giving out... :col:

View attachment 38327
My house won’t give out.... the basement is the only place I’m allowed for fun Anyway.?. I love my wife, but the day she said “isn’t 250 rounds a bit much? What are you worried about?” I started to have doubts. Of course it did allow me to paraphrase one of those social media stories... “Darling, since I have near 100 times that for every caliber in the toy room... I’m not worried about anything.” Just started working on the tobacco hoard, so I’m running behind.

Reactions: kurtbob and BROBS

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
A bit on topic, has anyone else noticed a real ammunition shortage. Every store that I go to, the shelves are empty. I checked online and it seems everything is out of stock. Does anyone know a good website for about 1000 RDS of 9mm? Or if anyone just wants to send me some, that'd be good too. ?
Midway USA still has a good selection ;)

Reactions: BROBS

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Lots being sold on gunbroker, but you're going to pay stupid prices no matter where you find it.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I wish I'd realized this ammo shortage before I shot off mucho rounds, at the bridge last weekend. Guns are pretty useless without ammo.

My guns are really just tools, and nothing to look at.. so no pictures from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BROBS