PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
You're probably tired of hearing about this by now..Today was a big day for me though.I went to the doctor today for my 6 week check up.He told me that I'm making great progress.I don't have to use the sling any more,and I can start using the arm some now.I'm still getting therapy 3 times a week.I can't lift anything or do anything heavy but I'm on the road to recovery.I don't have to see the doctor again for 3 months. This has been a scary experience for me though less painful than anyone expected..Again I thank all of you for your good wishes.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Great news Puffy!! No doctor's visits for 3 months--- sounds like your just about there. You'll be arm wrestling them youngsters before you know it! :clap:

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Puffy, it's good to hear that you're doing well with your recovery. Really be sure to take things slow as you regain your strength.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Delighted to hear your news. I guess hand parties are back on the menu again. Seriously though, I delighted for you and that the level of discomfort was tolerable and that you don't have to see the old 'quacks' for three months. I hope the rest of your healing goes just as smoothly.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Look, Ma, TWO arms!"
Puffy:
I was pleased to read of your progress, and happy for the news concerning your relative lack of pain. Mind your Therapist(s), keep up the good work, and you will be back to normal before you know it!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm so happy that you're recovering quickly, puffy. I am not tired of seeing your posts about this major surgery you underwent. It was/is a big deal and you shopuld be proud that your recovery is going so well. There are many who wouldn't be in the same state of repair that you're in. Keep us informed!
-Jason

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So glad to hear you are well on the mend, puffy. I have to give a huge vote of confidence

and tribute to your medical folks for superb pain management that you can report there

was much less discomfort than you expected. Obviously, they got ahead of it and stayed

ahead of it, and you carefully did your part. I think reduction of pain, and the morale boost

it gives the patient and their family is a tremendous part of healing, both quality and speed.

Congratulations to you, and your doctors and other medical professionals. Keep on!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Glad to hear your recovery is progressing! Shoulders are a marvel of engineering, and the fact that they've joined the list of joints for which there's a replacement option is fascinating (to me, at least...). My mom's had both hips done, and my father-in-law has had one hip done, so I'm taking notes for later. Just in case, y'know. :D

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
do what they tell you & don't hate your therapist too much!
YES! You want to regain full mobility, DO what they say...(comes from someone with 1 total hip replaced and lookin to get the other done before to long)

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
By the time they are done with me I'll be the tin man on a bad day brother...

Status
Not open for further replies.