PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
Hi everyone, I'll be heading to Europe soon. I was wondering if anyone has good recommendations for shops in the Basque Country, Vienna, Frankfurt, and Hamburg? I know of the one shop in Donostia, but I'll be moving around on the French side too. Thanks!

Reactions: JOHN72

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Reactions: beef and JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Dirección: nº21 (Bajo, Kolon Pasealekua, 20002 Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa. They have a youtube channel.
Although there are others, very good, that you can find on the internet, that are more within your reach, on your tourist route. The gastronomy of that area, is spectacular Happy vacations sir.

Reactions: anotherbob

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013

I used to go there when Gerd Jansen owned the shop, and it was a wonderful place. Old time atmosphere, great house blends (a few made for them by Germain), an incredible collection of tobacciana, and most of all both husband and wife were very welcoming. Unfortunately I’ve not been back in the years since they sold and so can’t speak from personal experience about the current owners, but if you’re in Hamburg anyway I’d absolutely recommend checking it out.

On the cigar front there are many options to pick from in Hamburg. I’m partial to a smallish shop on Lange Reihe called Neimeyer. I’d suggest picking up the Partagas Serie P No 2, a great Cuban cigar I’ve never found outside Germany. Plus Lange Reihe is the place to go for many of Hamburg’s better restaurants. Neumanns Bistro & Weinbar and Restaurant Cox are just two of many I enjoy.

Reactions: beef and JOHN72

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
Dirección: nº21 (Bajo, Kolon Pasealekua, 20002 Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa. They have a youtube channel.
Although there are others, very good, that you can find on the internet, that are more within your reach, on your tourist route. The gastronomy of that area, is spectacular Happy vacations sir.
Yes, this is the one I was thinking of. I am often there, but not since I've started smoking a pipe. I am looking forward to going. From what I gather the options for pipe tobacco are largely limited in Spain.

Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Yes, this is the one I was thinking of. I am often there, but not since I've started smoking a pipe. I am looking forward to going. From what I gather the options for pipe tobacco are largely limited in Spain.
I think it has a decent variety of pipe tobaccos. I've never been to this store. But watching their videos, I know they also have a wide variety of cigars, liquors and pipes. In general he has everything.

Reactions: beef