PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Do any of you Americans have experience shipping tobacco sample baggies to Canada? Or, do any of you Canadians have experience receiving them from the US?

I'm just wondering whether I might expect any customs trouble. Could I send a few sample baggies in a manila envelope? Or is that going to draw attention at the border?

Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: seanv

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Declare all contents properly and let the chips fall where they may. Small pickings are sometimes ignored by busy CBSA staff.

Reactions: seanv

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have some experience in this field. Always use a well padded envelope, be very 'specific' when filling in the white customs declaration. Often it is a good idea to include a variety of items in the package, avoid candy or food items. Suggested things might be a tube of 'Personal Lubricant' or a selection of novelty Trojan prophylactics which seem to score well on the CBSA X-Ray scanner. I have found of recent that a few W Village 'alternative life style' magazines involving muscle bound lumber jacks, a pile of glow in the dark condoms and a few sachets of lube discourage any attempt to open a Canada bound package.

• Love
Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Talon

Might Stick Around
Nov 7, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I have some experience in this field. Always use a well padded envelope, be very 'specific' when filling in the white customs declaration. Often it is a good idea to include a variety of items in the package, avoid candy or food items. Suggested things might be a tube of 'Personal Lubricant' or a selection of novelty Trojan prophylactics which seem to score well on the CBSA X-Ray scanner. I have found of recent that a few W Village 'alternative life style' magazines involving muscle bound lumber jacks, a pile of glow in the dark condoms and a few sachets of lube discourage any attempt to open a Canada bound package.
HAHAHAHAHA!!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
As an after thought a German member on here received several tins of Bengal Slices from Father Meat Head of The Shrine to Our Lady of Perpetual Flatulence and I jest not as the tins were described as incense!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Labelling for customs purposes should always be clear, because if they check the package they will ding you hard.

If you are sending small amounts of tobacco labelled as a gift, it shouldn't be an issue.

If you are sending 12 tins of Christmas Cheer marked as "Festive incense" that may cause problems for your recipient.

Reactions: Casual and KBaz