PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014

I was wondering if any of you folks have handled or perhaps own a Shinola watch? I have been watching this company since they started manufacturing in Detroit

Kentucky5.jpg

I would love to support American made and enjoy their clean aesthetic but would love to hear some input before making such a commitment.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
First of all, I've been fascinated by the intensity of watch advertising revenue in upscale publications. Some days in The NY Times, there are two full page ads for watches and perhaps another half dozen or more other watch ads. This includes Shinola. I am very partial to the Shinola designs that feature a relatively plain face and a full set of Arabic numbers. That's right up my avenue. Metal bands don't work for me, and I don't like extra dials and gizmos. Frankly, though they are not anywhere near to the high level prices, Shinola is a little pricier than I care to lug around on my wrist, and then forget it and go in the shower or fall into a pond (well they're good for 300 meters depth) or leave it somewhere. A plebe watch is a guarantee it ain't going anywhere. I wear a Bertuccio or a Seico, and they stay with me, no problem. I'm not above a Timex.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
I love automatic watches but I had never heard of them before. I like their aesthetic and they make bikes to boot. Like mso489 for my all day beating it to hell watches I have a few different of the Seiko diver watches with different bands...just love as does the wife. On fancy occasions I wear my grandfathers older Seiko. I have had nicer watches but the Seiko's work great for me. Would love to hear about the Shinola if you get one.
PS I totally thought you were f*&^ing with us from the title and the first photo...well played

Status
Not open for further replies.